Need a little expert advice :)

Cclem85

First off I'm a novice grower and this is my first plant of the year. I started it from seed (not sure of the strain) back in March. I'm growing out doors as of right now but was thinking about bringing it in to start flowering, so a few of my questions are;
1) should I flower it now or wait
2) what looks to be the issue with the fan leaves
3) is there any way to tell what strain it is lol

Here's a picture of my beauty (or I think so)

If you can wait and it's about having some personal smoke, then by all means, keep it outside. If you want it finished my mid august, then put them inside, but it's going to be alot more work vs just keeping it outside

What's up cc I'm far from being an expert but hopefully I can help. As far as when to flower it's really up to you and how much space you have, when cannabis switches over to flowering mode it stretches for about 3 weeks or so in preparation for the big heavy buds it's about to start developing, some strains will stretch alot and some not that much.

The fan leaves look like bugs have been chewing holes in them, it's hard see but it also looks like there's some white stuff on the stem and one of the fan leaves which could be white powdery mildew(pm), but like I said it's hard to see it and I'm no expert so don't panic it could be nothing.

I wanna say it's impossible to know what strain it is especially while it's vegging or without smoking the bud, but I'm sure there's some connoisseurs out there who could get a pretty good idea of what strain it is after seeing and smoking the buds, I'm not there yet but I'm trying to get on that level lol.

One last thing if your using an Android phone to take pics, if you turn the phone to the side so the volume buttons are facing down and then take pics they will be right side up after you upload them.

What's up cc I'm far from being an expert but hopefully I can help. As far as when to flower it's really up to you and how much space you have, when cannabis switches over to flowering mode it stretches for about 3 weeks or so in preparation for the big heavy buds it's about to start developing, some strains will stretch alot and some not that much.

The fan leaves look like bugs have been chewing holes in them, it's hard see but it also looks like there's some white stuff on the stem and one of the fan leaves which could be white powdery mildew(pm), but like I said it's hard to see it and I'm no expert so don't panic it could be nothing.

I wanna say it's impossible to know what strain it is especially while it's vegging or without smoking the bud, but I'm sure there's some connoisseurs out there who could get a pretty good idea of what strain it is after seeing and smoking the buds, I'm not there yet but I'm trying to get on that level lol.

One last thing if your using an Android phone to take pics, if you turn the phone to the side so the volume buttons are facing down and then take pics they will be right side up after you upload them.

The white stuff is sevendust (trying to keep the bugs off the best I can lol) I know that in flower it can 1.5-3.5 times its size, which it's already at 22" from medium to top. I've also topped it twice now to try and keep it shorter. I was thinking of doing some LST on it but if I'm keeping it outdoors, there's not much I can do lol. Also she has a citrus smell going on, pretty potent so far (can smell it 5 feet away now) my leaves are kinda crowfeeting but it's just on that one row of fan leaves.

Goes for iphones as well!

I think you're right chevy, looks like some PM going on on the stalk and bottom leaf.

If you can wait and it's about having some personal smoke, then by all means, keep it outside. If you want it finished my mid august, then put them inside, but it's going to be alot more work vs just keeping it outside

I probably will keep it outside, cause she's already to big for the spot I was going to try and flower it in (coat closet) also is 15-30-15 to much? I had a friend tell me that's what he used on some LSD he grew but I see a lot of people saying 2-4-2 or lower numbers like that

also is 15-30-15 to much? I had a friend tell me that's what he used on some LSD he grew but I see a lot of people saying 2-4-2 or lower numbers like that

Lemon sour diesel is one of my all time favorite strains!

It depends on how the plant reacts to the nutrients, how big the plant is, and how soon before bloom you transplant it. Maybe mixing the two together 1:1 would work so you get some numbers right in the middle of those. (about 8-16-8)

Those are both "flowering stage" potting mixes and that's exactly what you'll need.

I don't know too much about nutes I'm using an organic super soil but 15 sounds like too much nitrogen for flowering, what brand of nutes are you using.

Well I have been using a 10-10-10 liquid feed, however I've diluted it and only used half the requirements (.5 tbs per gal) in order to try and get a 5-5-5 ( if it works like that lol) it's hard to find a good low number fertilizer, I've checked at the local garden centers and HD. My intentions were to do the same with the 15-30-15, use half of the normal amount to try and lower it, but I would prefer a lower nitrogen if I can find one. Maybe tiger bloom?

Lemon sour diesel is one of my all time favorite strains!

It depends on how the plant reacts to the nutrients, how big the plant is, and how soon before bloom you transplant it. Maybe mixing the two together 1:1 would work so you get some numbers right in the middle of those. (about 8-16-8)

Those are both "flowering stage" potting mixes and that's exactly what you'll need.

So do I need to transplant before I flower? I was going to flush it

Woops, I thought you were talking about potting mixes. :sorry:

As for liquid fertilizers, I have used tiger bloom in soil before and it seems to work great (2-8-4 i think) (although not organic). For my indoor coco, I use a 0-52-30 that works awesome. So I think you could get away with a low number bloom hardener or a high number one, just depends on how the plant seems to take it. Best to start out with the low numbers first if you want to try both.

Yeah, disregard the thing about potting soil, I was being an idiot.

Woops, I thought you were talking about potting mixes. :sorry:

As for liquid fertilizers, I have used tiger bloom in soil before and it seems to work great (2-8-4 i think) (although not organic). For my indoor coco, I use a 0-52-30 that works awesome. So I think you could get away with a low number bloom hardener or a high number one, just depends on how the plant seems to take it. Best to start out with the low numbers first if you want to try both.

Yeah, disregard the thing about potting soil, I was being an idiot.

Lol. The 15-30-15 is a "crystal" feed, time released nitrogen, it's the Vigoro bold bloom mix, that's what my friend said to get.

Lol. The 15-30-15 is a "crystal" feed, time released nitrogen, it's the Vigoro bold bloom mix, that's what my friend said to get.

I wouldn't want too much time release N in the pot as it gets closer to bloom.

A little confused, is the "crystal feed" a different product than the "vigoro bold"? or is the vigoro the crystal feed?

I wouldn't want too much time release N in the pot as it gets closer to bloom.

A little confused, is the "crystal feed" a different product than the "vigoro bold"? or is the vigoro the crystal feed?

Lol when I say crystals, that's what they look like, tiny little pink brown bluish crystals. It's the Vigoro

Is it mixed in with the soil? or do you have a container of it and mix it in with the water?

OK. I don't know alot about that fertilizer, but I would consider stopping the use of that (since the N is time release) and feeding with a different line of nutrients. generally it's better to go organic outside, but you can supplement with non-organic nutrients as well.

EDIT: I think your plant will grow well if you use that stuff sparingly, but it will be hard to flush and you will probably not get the most out of it since you will be pumping it with nitrates throughout bloom.

OK. I don't know alot about that fertilizer, but I would consider stopping the use of that (since the N is time release) and feeding with a different line of nutrients. generally it's better to go organic outside, but you can supplement with non-organic nutrients as well.

EDIT: I think your plant will grow well if you use that stuff sparingly, but it will be hard to flush and you will probably not get the most out of it since you will be pumping it with nitrates throughout bloom.

Will do! I seen a fertilizer earlier at HomeDeopt and it was a 0-52-6, now I know I need P and K but is 6 to low of K?

That's probably getting too in depth for my knowledge. I have never even walked through the fertilizer section of home dept

Back
Top Bottom