Advice needed! When can I harvest?

skipB

Hey,

i'm looking for some advice (again) for my first grow. When do you guys think I can harvest, should I start flushing now or carry on giving it some food for a while?
Any other advice you can offer will be appreciated.

I'm a complete novice and haven't tried too hard with this grow, just sunlight and nutrients so I'm not expecting quality but I'm excited to smoke what I've grown.

Thanks!

IMG_286214.JPG
IMG_286113.JPG
IMG_285912.JPG
IMG_285511.JPG
IMG_285615.JPG
IMG_285812.JPG

Cannabis, generally speaking, flowers in the fall when days start to get shorter. It will go into flowering mode with less than 14 hours of light per day. It sometimes happens that people start plants outdoors early in the spring- they get less than 14 hours a day of light and start flowering. This in itself is fine of course, but as days lengthen, they revert back into vegetative growth and stop producing flowers. When thu do- they take on the appearance that yours has.
Assuming that this is the case- you can either let it grow through the summer and it will start to flower closer to the fall, or you can harvest it now. You won't get much from it and it won't be very strong- it didn't fully bud and now it's mostly reverted to leaf again.
I'd take the first option, assuming I was set up to grow a plant for several more months- one that's going to potentially get quite large.
You can also pick some of the flowers off, for what it's worth ( a bit of mild smoke) and let the rest grow.

Back
Top Bottom