Hi all

those leaves resemble russet mite damage and not spider mite. Spider mite can be seen by the naked eye plus the webbing is even easier to see. NOT RUSSET mites...they are a modern day growers worst nightmare. Tough to see them even with a microscope. there are some videos on you tube on russet mites...the outlook ISN'T GOOD...I'd get rid of that plant ASAP ...as russet mites are waging an epidemic in the west part of the USA...some guys have totally shut down because of them...let's put it this way....russet mites will make you wish you had spidermites...

good luck...keep us posted
GFP

I used a fish oil spray on my plants and problem solved. I'm in the midatlantic, central Maryland, and my pests were red spider mites.

After they were gone I set a pot of chives under each plant. I heard it's a natural way to discourage mites. That worked. I monitor my plants daily and so far they've been clear. I also planted marigolds around them. Marigolds are another one of those companion plants that discourage pests.

My one plant, the one planted on June 4th, will reach four feet by tomorrow. Still in vegetative state, but has what I think are Preflowers. Both plants indicate they're females like they seed company said.

Maybe upload us a picture of the pre flower unless your certain on whats its doing. An thats righteous that you cured your pests issue.

Here's my photos from July 24. Mary had been planted 9 weeks prior, and Jane 7 weeks prior.

The Mary plant is 63 days old in these photos. She was tied down and had terminal bud nipped. This caused the plant to become bushy.

IMG_20170724_092948017_HDR_kindlephoto-1846313.jpg

She's also beginning to go into flowering.

IMG_20170724_093032645_HDR.jpg

Here's a close up, she's from feminized seed, and yep - she's a lady. Just look at those fem-parts. So cool.
IMG_20170724_093032645_HDR_kindlephoto-1927421.jpg

Here's my second plant at seven weeks of age, 49 days since planting. She's uncut, au naturale.

As you can see, she's developed into a tall four feet, stately lady.

IMG_20170724_093207134_HDR_kindlephoto-1395904.jpg

Here's a closer view. She's completely untouched, no pruning, no tying, no nipping. I like how she's so airy.

IMG_20170724_093147705_HDR_kindlephoto-1525544.jpg

Both plants are from Sweet Seeds, the strain is called "Sweet Afghani Delicious - Fast Version"

Early on I had a problem with spider mites. I sprayed them with a Fish oil based product. Then I put a small pot of chives under each one. Chives is a natural repellent - it really works!

My sunflowers are planted nearby, they'll reach 7 to 12 feet in height. I have a fence around my rural property, but it's only six feet in height. My neighbors usually don't come near, but if someone does, I want to divert their attention. I don't want someone stealing my plants.

Back
Top Bottom