High EC reading

superredbud

What are the effects from having a high EC reading? My EC readings are as much as 50% higher that they should be according to my Fox Farm feeding schedule. I use these products from Fox Farm:
Big Bloom
Grow Big
Tiger Bloom
Open Sesame
Beastie Bloom
ChaChing
Bush Doctor Kangaroots
MicroBrew
I follow the Fox Farm directions exactly. Anyone have any ides? Thanks in advance.

Its more than likely ambient water source used effecting the EC.

Water source whether hard/soft/RO/rain/well etc will have a different EC/PPM value this should be include when adding nutrients to it for final value of EC or PPM.

So test EC value of your water supply :thumb:

My EC for tap water is 0.2. PPM is 100. Ph, with no adjustment is pretty well 7.1. Thanks for the reply. As always, all help is appreciated. Keep it green.

My EC for tap water is 0.2. PPM is 100. Ph, with no adjustment is pretty well 7.1. Thanks for the reply. As always, all help is appreciated. Keep it green.

Pretty nice water from a tap :love:

Some thing else P/K phosphorus/potassium supplements for flowering can spike EC/PPM levels a little.

I'm also not sure if all these nutrients need to be used all together at once, more likely me thinking like newb about that ?

The only other thing i can think off is that the actual EC/PPM reading is off.

Depending on where the EC/PPM pen was made, different countries or parts of world use a slightly different measurement for EC or PPM !

That throws a few people off :thumb:

Temperature of solution may also effect EC reading.

Back
Top Bottom