Just a beginner but like it?

Hynes08

Hi there I'm new to the growing game but I like it I'm now on my 3rd with 2 not so successful hopping for a good one this time now iv switch from vitalink to fox farm there is one question do I need to use all the nutrients on the grow chart or can I just use gro big big bloom tiger bloom chaching? Also How do I know when iv given my plant to much nutrients?

Re: Just a beginner but like it

:welcome:

The Manufacturer will tell you to use everything for maximum yield. Reality is quite different. Marijuana is a weed literally. We use Fox Farm and experimented cutting back on nutrients to see how yield was affected.
Using recommended fertilizers our best plants yield 3 oz each.
Cutting back never changed yield.
Our last harvest our best plants gave the usual 3 oz. We never fed them- not once.

Light is the magic to a big harvest.
We have a 600 w HPS and change the bulb more than recommended because a slightly used bulb can cost us an oz a plant.

Lots of folks here will disagree with me on fertilizer so if you decide to use it start out feeding 1/4 strength of what the bottle says and work up. Marijuana plants fuss and get curved pointed deep green leaves (clawed) if they get too much nitrogen- progressing to brown fried tips.

FFOF comes preloaded with a months food if I remember right.

Have you thought about a journal? I did when I started growing- lots of experienced folks here and it enabled me to succeed vs simply killing seedlings-lol.
:peace:

Thanks for the info!!!I'm using the foxfarm schedule do I follow the schedule or do I still only 1/4 dose?

Use 1/4 strength For first feeding, then 1/2 strength for the second. If no signs of burning then full strength for following feeds.
:peace:

Ah the fine art of growing !

Starting a journal may help How to Make a Grow Journal & Journals in Progress may help solve those mystery's only time will tell :thumb:

Taking a good look around the forums may offer further insight !

But hell ye light source or quality of the bulb helps a lot & you may be surprised on what you can do !

I use 125w cfl 6500k blue spectrum for germination & vegging in a small space of a few plants for several weeks it works just fine.

In flowering i'm pretty much a 400w person myself on average a simple bush yields 2 oz on average & had better... trained plants via topping mainly with longer veg time have achieved between 4 to 6 oz.

I'm a light feeder & i don't bother to much in veg as the soil/compost used has nutrients in for a month or so, i only back this up with a micro nutrient feed these days perhaps i'll add grow nutrients at half rate towards end of veg, flowering i'm reasonable once a week feeder if i suspect any problems i may add a lower half rate feed through out the week.

Ye used a couple of brands mainly Biobizz & Hesi to which i've used the full range you can skip the odd one or two if ya really like i don't think the full range really cuts the ice & tactic's have change over the years as you will discover as you learn :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom