Nutrients?

Everyone has their own preferences and opinions. Most of them out there are quality nutrients, the difference being how they are used. I would think that a good gardener who is good at reading his/her plants would be able to use most any popular nutrient and get good results, and for my money I like to go with organic feeding systems instead of bottled synthetic nutes. It is my personal opinion that I get better results when growing organically so currently I endorse one of our sponsors, @GeoFlora Nutrients for my nutrient needs.

So Guys iv previously Used Dutch Pro know I'm using a brand called Monkey nutrients

So I wanted to Ask based on Yeild and Quality and Bloom enhances what are the most common but Quailty Nutrients Out there on the Markets

Please Share your Thoughts
Good morning @FoolishWise Guy :ciao:
I'm assuming your in the States?
Makes a difference on availability.
Apparently Geoflora won't ship to Canada any more.
Terrific nutrients though I agree with Em :ciao:.
Easy to use I recommend them highly. :thumb:
You can't go wrong if you can get them.
If your north of the boarder or just want a fantastic nutrient, @Remo Nutrients
Will take care of you.
Really good quality nutrients.
Everything your girls will ever need for excellent results.
Hope you have a great day my friend.

Stay safe :cool:
Bill

Good morning @FoolishWise Guy :ciao:
I'm assuming your in the States?
Makes a difference on availability.
Apparently Geoflora won't ship to Canada any more.
Terrific nutrients though I agree with Em :ciao:.
Easy to use I recommend them highly. :thumb:
You can't go wrong if you can get them.
If your north of the boarder or just want a fantastic nutrient, @Remo Nutrients
Will take care of you.
Really good quality nutrients.
Everything your girls will ever need for excellent results.
Hope you have a great day my friend.

Stay safe :cool:
Bill
Based in England.... United Kingdom

best nutes are the cheapest per feed with the most bud for buck.

1) mc- the nute that shall not be mentioned.
2) jacks - not adaptable to different media as mc.
3) geo flora. though it's doa most places so that remains to be seen. only one i haven't done. also not media adaptable.
4) GH hydro. the devils hydro. all the others are based off it. cheapest bottle nutes for results. easiest to use.
5) loads and loads and loads of bottle nutes. pretty much all the rest. many can produce better than above, but once cost is factored they really really suck.

So Guys iv previously Used Dutch Pro know I'm using a brand called Monkey nutrients

So I wanted to Ask based on Yeild and Quality and Bloom enhances what are the most common but Quailty Nutrients Out there on the Markets

Please Share your Thoughts
Alright foolishwise guy.
Most nutrients will give good results..
Alot of people in the uk are using shogun nutrients now days.
One of, if not the cheapest bottled nutrient on the uk market.
It's a British company so has been designed for local water, which is mainly hard water in uk.
I've seen some people on here using it with good results...I might give it a try myself next run.

best nutes are the cheapest per feed with the most bud for buck.

1) mc- the nute that shall not be mentioned.
2) jacks - not adaptable to different media as mc.
3) geo flora. though it's doa most places so that remains to be seen. only one i haven't done. also not media adaptable.
4) GH hydro. the devils hydro. all the others are based off it. cheapest bottle nutes for results. easiest to use.
5) loads and loads and loads of bottle nutes. pretty much all the rest. many can produce better than above, but once cost is factored they really really suck.

It all works, if used correctly. Those stickied pictorial threads showing (and explaining) how to spot elemental deficiencies/toxicities, plus the Mulder's Chart graphic and (if applicable to your style of gardening) the one that explains what the various combinations of pH activity, EC, and water usage mean are... priceless.

What did you mean about J.R. Peters (aka "Jack's") nutrients not being adaptable to different media?

I chuckled over your description of General Hydroponics. It's probably more accurate to say that the company was bought by that, rather than it being that. I still smile when I think about how General Hydroponics came about... Larry Brooke was working in Berkley, Sebastopol, somewhere, like indirectly for NASA or somesuch. I've got the details saved somewhere offline, but the memory is a bit faded. Anyway, this was back in the mid-1970s. He was this egghead working at an egghead type job (and not as the guy who swept the floors, either) during the day, then he'd go home and mix up some homemade hydroponic nutrients to feed his... cannabis plants. A neighbor came by one night, saw that he was mixing custom nutrients, took one look at the health/size of his plants, and said, "You ought to sell those nutrients." So, if you follow that goofy "five steps removed" rule, it kind of is rocket science ;) .

I was 27 steps past angry when I learned that he'd sold General Hydroponics to Scotts Miracle-Gro's Hawthorne Group shell company a few years back. OtOH, if I was getting up there in years and someone offered me millions of dollars, I might have sold it, too. Especially if I let some @sshole convince me that their network would allow them to get it into the hands and gardens of far more mainstream gardeners. IDK. I am not best pleased with the thought of people putting more money into SMG's coffers - but it's still a great and varied product line - one that can, has, and will continue to feed every kind of plant, all over the planet (and, apparently, beyond, as it has been used by NASA for horticultural experimentation). I've got several of the products in one box or another, including the Maxi series (MaxiGro, MaxiBloom), which is a dry product that's very economical and could be stored until the heat death of the universe and not have gone bad. My only issue with the Maxi series is that my (municipal tap) water's pH and contents, somehow, causes me to have difficulty getting the products to completely dissolve.

What did you mean about J.R. Peters (aka "Jack's") nutrients not being adaptable to different media?

it isn't too hydro friendly. mc takes the same hit. both have updated lines that mostly negate it. both keep getting particulate fall out to a degree still. mc got out a bit ahead of it. jacks is also more mineral based than mc.

it's a knock a lot of powder nutes have. in anything passive hydro or soil(less) media type it doesn't matter.

I chuckled over your description of General Hydroponics. It's probably more accurate to say that the company was bought by that, rather than it being that. I still smile when I think about how General Hydroponics came about... Larry Brooke was working in Berkley, Sebastopol, somewhere, like indirectly for NASA or somesuch. I've got the details saved somewhere offline, but the memory is a bit faded. Anyway, this was back in the mid-1970s. He was this egghead working at an egghead type job (and not as the guy who swept the floors, either) during the day, then he'd go home and mix up some homemade hydroponic nutrients to feed his... cannabis plants. A neighbor came by one night, saw that he was mixing custom nutrients, took one look at the health/size of his plants, and said, "You ought to sell those nutrients." So, if you follow that goofy "five steps removed" rule, it kind of is rocket science ;) .

lol that's a great story. one i'm keeping in reference. :p

I was 27 steps past angry when I learned that he'd sold General Hydroponics to Scotts Miracle-Gro's Hawthorne Group shell company a few years back. OtOH, if I was getting up there in years and someone offered me millions of dollars, I might have sold it, too. Especially if I let some @sshole convince me that their network would allow them to get it into the hands and gardens of far more mainstream gardeners. IDK. I am not best pleased with the thought of people putting more money into SMG's coffers - but it's still a great and varied product line - one that can, has, and will continue to feed every kind of plant, all over the planet (and, apparently, beyond, as it has been used by NASA for horticultural experimentation). I've got several of the products in one box or another, including the Maxi series (MaxiGro, MaxiBloom), which is a dry product that's very economical and could be stored until the heat death of the universe and not have gone bad. My only issue with the Maxi series is that my (municipal tap) water's pH and contents, somehow, causes me to have difficulty getting the products to completely dissolve.

it's all kinda monsanto at one point. there's a legendary story about the ceo of the scott's division, telling the board and development team to get their heads out of their asses, stop growing lawns, and start developing cannabis and indoor cannabis products, in a series of heated meetings.

even before the buy out there was legendary bust-ups at GH which wound up creating AN, then AN imploding creating emerald forest etc etc

it isn't too hydro friendly.

Er... They have a hydroponic-specific version of the popularly used 5-12-26 component (or used to, at least; I haven't used Jack's for a while, ten or twelve years, probably). I remember, if you called them, they'd ask how you were growing, whether you were using 0 PPM / RO water, municipal tap, or well water. If one of the latter two, they'd basically ask you what was in it so as to make specific recommendations, which I thought was cool. If you told the person you had no idea, he/she would suggest you send them a water sample for analysis. They charged... $20 or $25 at the time, I think, but it's likely more expensive now. But everything is. I was watching one of Jay Leno's antique car videos on YouTube the other day. He had someone from a nearby museum (and one of their vehicles) as a guest. So they started talking about how the young guy's grandfather bought the car in the mid-1960s for $35,000, $50,000, something like that - and it's worth between five and seven million dollars now, lol. One of the Hispaniola Suiza cars, if memory isn't failing me.

I assume that some of the Jack's products (both the consumer and professional product lines) work better in hydroponic setups than others. I don't really remember specifics - other than, if you got into a big hurry, disregarded recommended mixing order, and didn't take "mix well before adding next component" seriously, you ended up making gypsum. But that's possible with a lot of brands.

it's all kinda monsanto at one point.

Well, not exactly. I've got a lot of... strong dislike for both corporations, but they're different entities, and owned by different entities. Scotts Miracle-Gro did enter into a licensing agreement at one time to sell the Roundup product in certain countries. But Monsanto is actually owned by Bayer - the entity known for selling aspirins, having been complicit in Nazi war crimes, buying POWs, et cetera. Most people probably don't want to know the history of Bayer any more than they want to know what a great humanitarian Elon Musk... isn't.

mc- the nute that shall not be mentioned
Would that be mega crop? If so, I personally am into my 3rd year with mc and with great success if I may say so. Though I grow in soil and 5 & 10 gal fabric pots.
Also mc is sold in Europe and easy to get hands on.
My 2 cents.

IF your in the UK walking into grow stores.
Canna the most cost wise.
Shogun is my choice as its cheaper.
Bio bizz is another found is our local hydro stores in the uk worth a try.
If your shopping online you have already been given some great product names.
:)

Ps. unless things have changed in the last 5/6 months Geo dont ship to the UK.
Wanted to give them a try myself.
:thumb:

Would that be mega crop?

yes
Also mc is sold in Europe and easy to get hands on.

most of the euro guys complain they can't get it.
Well, not exactly. I've got a lot of... strong dislike for both corporations, but they're different entities, and owned by different entities.

they started a partnership in 99 and are a single company since 2015 under monsanto ownership. they absorbed a lot of nute companies when they became a singular entity as well. piles of mfgrs of grow equipment too.

edit : they maintain they are separate for media and sales purposes still.

Er... They have a hydroponic-specific version of the popularly used 5-12-26 component (or used to, at least; I haven't used Jack's for a while, ten or twelve years, probably). I remember, if you called them, they'd ask how you were growing, whether you were using 0 PPM / RO water, municipal tap, or well water. If one of the latter two, they'd basically ask you what was in it so as to make specific recommendations, which I thought was cool. If you told the person you had no idea, he/she would suggest you send them a water sample for analysis. They charged... $20 or $25 at the time, I think, but it's likely more expensive now. But everything is.
That's still their process - everything's based on what water that you start with.

Their website makes it easy to figure out what nutes to buy or you can call and get through to a human if you have questions. I switched from Botanicare's magic elixirs and can't think of a reason to go back.

edit : they maintain they are separate

Because they are, FFS. Again, SM-G is licensed to sell one of Monsanto's products, Roundup.

Sorry, man, but wishing all your hates were in one basket doesn't make it so.

Because they are, FFS. Again, SM-G is licensed to sell one of Monsanto's products, Roundup.

Sorry, man, but wishing all your hates were in one basket doesn't make it so.

my understanding is they've been under the same ownership since 2015

edit : scott's doesn't who up in a quick search of monsanto subsidiaries so you're likely correct. i wonder what the significance of 2015 was now

yes

they started a partnership in 99 and are a single company since 2015 under monsanto ownership. they absorbed a lot of nute companies when they became a singular entity as well. piles of mfgrs of grow equipment too.

yes

Interesting and thanks for the feedback.

I personally also like MC, But switched to 420 mag Sponsored Perfect Nutrients by PerfectSun LED, to see how things go. He has been having great success, seeing he is ornery about growing, Its probably a great line-up.

I have enough MC to last till 2030 LOL

I have enough MC to last till 2030 LOL
@Mayne , nice hearing your opinions.
I too have enough MC to last a few more cropping's, and so far the product is producing the ppm's I'm looking for, and for the most part, the ladies like it as well as they are producing some nice looking green leaves (sort of like a smile on the face of a little girl).
Every 3rd feeding though, I augment the mc with liquid NPK water and Recharge.
I would be proud to know how the Perfect Nutrients works out for you. I may be trying some myself.
Take care

Back
Top Bottom