High-end video lights for grow room?

Medeltids

420 Member
I've been an independent video producer for 15+ years and have a ton of lighting equipment. The fixtures in question are these:

https://www.techni-lux.com/files/documents/FL-LFS4-55_spec_sheet.pdf

I own two of the Model LFS 4/55 units (on the left) and have both 3200 kelvin and 5600 kelvin lamps for them. They put out a shit-ton (not an actual scientific measurement) of light. As best as I can tell, about 4800 lumens per lamp X 4 lamps so roughly 19200 lumens. So with both will put out about 38400 lum (but I may be wrong on that).

These fixtures were crazy expensive but, since I have them, thought they might work for an indoor grow. The space I have is 16' x 6' and I will probably use about 9'x5' for the grow space and the rest for a separate clone/starter/nute/storage room.

So my question: Should I hazard a first grow (since the early 90's that is) using these lights or head in a different direction and look at HID or LEDs as an option. Trying to save some $ using what I already own but don't want to waste months on a grand experiment.

Thanks...

Use what you have. I grew my first crop with two 500watt halogen lights in my basement bathroom. They were so nice it got me hooked to growing. I figured if that's what I can accomplish with halogen lights imagine the possibilities when all set up. I say use what you have and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom