Bruce Wheelman

Legal Advisor
420 Staff
Strain Name: Hindu Skunk

When: March 2010

Grade: A

Type: Hybrid

Price: $50/8th , $95/qtr.

Looks: Medium-Light green with fine light orange hairs. Nice visible coverage of crystals.

Smell: Mild sweet cannabis scent - not nearly as strong smelling as the Skunk bud I used to get in the 80’s.

Taste: The smoke is smooth and sweet. Mild expansion, but doesn’t cause coughing.

Buzz Type: The buzz hits both mind and body equally. Evolved into serious couch lock after looking for the “ceiling” of the buzz....couldn’t find it ;-)

Buzz Length: Medium/Long– the buzz lasted for around 1.5-2 hours.

Best Medicinal Use: Relaxation

Overall: A nice even mind/body high that was great for getting some stuff done, until I kept smoking in an attempt to find the strains “ceiling” - never found it, but ended up seriously couch locked for a couple hours. The buzz left me fairly social and talkative - but again, after “too much of a good thing” I enjoyed sitting quietly and watching TV and NCAA Hoops.

Hindu_Skunk22.jpg

Hindu_Skunk31.jpg

Hindu_Skunk42.jpg

Hindu_Skunk52.jpg

Hindu_Skunk72.jpg

Strain Name: Hindu Skunk

When: June 2011

Grade: B+

Type: Hybrid

Price: $95/quarter oz

Looks: light to medium green nugs with lots of orange hairs

Smell: Slightly sweet cannabis, but not overly strong

Taste: Much like the smell, in that is was subtly sweet and fresh

Buzz Type: A nice overall mind and body buzz

Buzz Length: 1.5 hours +/-

Best Medicinal Use: Relaxing — slows the mind and eases muscle tension

Overall: I like Hindu Skunk because it really reminds me of my college days in the 80's when "green bud" first started to become really prevalent. It was a stronger smelling sweet cannabis scent and always tasted really good. This batch had a little less length to the buzz than previous batches, but was still good. I really enjoyed a variety of stress-free activities after smoking — like hiking, riding my bike, and floating in the pool. Also, true to the strain characteristics, Hindu Skunk proved to be a good night time option, as couch-lock and snoozing was a by-product of smoking a "bit too much."

HinduSkunk_RVC_6-2011-3.jpg

HinduSkunk_RVC_6-2011-2.jpg

HinduSkunk_RVC_6-2011-1.jpg

HinduSkunk_RVC_6-2011-3-2.jpg

HinduSkunk_RVC_6-2011-4.jpg

HinduSkunk_RVC_6-2011-1m.jpg

HinduSkunk_RVC_6-2011-2m.jpg

HinduSkunk_RVC_6-2011-3m.jpg

It really looks great. Good medicinal effects especially for a creative relaxation and provides a smooth smoke with a strong mellow high. :cheer:

I sure remember the powerful green that was available in Marin/Sonoma counties during the 80's. I hear people mentioning how potent some of the strains are today. I don't see how they could be any more powerful than the green coming out of Humboldt and Mendocino back then. Those are nice looking Skunk buds in the pics. Lots of dry stuff coming out the dispensaries around here. Perhaps I'm too picky but am the same way about coffee and tobacco. If it isn't pleasant tasting and fresh with a kind aftertaste, I'm not buying it.

Back
Top Bottom