Hope someone can help

Its a smart & safe bet , smart because its likely a cal & K deficiency happening, and safe as the dose runs. Be mindful ph is more important at the run off , as what you put in is 6.5 but say it runs off 8.9 or 5.2 see that would mean problems that need correction at the soil level and with calcium its optimal uptake range is 7.5-9.0 but uptake will happen 6.5-9.5 as long as the soil is really well amended and helpful with good cation exchange capacity. So you see 6.5 is the very bottom of the threshold which would mean the soil would have to in no way acidify your addition or cal uptake wouldn't occur. Garden lime alkalizes soil and sulfur acidifies it and both can be top dressed to meet your needs at the runoff. Its all about ph within the soil and runoff gives us the clearest picture.

I have a soil PH meter but the batteries are smoked. ill get that fired up asap. Once the soil is tested then Ill test some run off for this plant and see what it is. Now, what does it mean when it runs super high? or super low?
Sean, I cant even explain how great full I am for your knowledge. I'm keeping all this info for my next grow so I don't make the same mistakes. Cheers

All it means is the acid/base balance around the roots. Lower is acid higher is alky. It means an element or several could be locked out from being taken into the plant for use even though its present. First thing to check when theres a problem. Like that calcium couldn't get used if the soil ph is 5 it would just sit in the soil. Every nutrient has a range for good uptake & use, here they are for your reference.

Zinc 5.5-6.5
Nitrogen 6.0-8.0
Phosphorus 6.5-7.5
Calcium 6.5-9.5
Copper 4.5-7.5
Iron 8.0 or less
Magnesium 6.5-7.5
Manganese 4.5-7.5
Molybdenum increased ph increases uptake
Potassium 6.5-7.5
Sulfur 6+
Nickel & Chlorine N/A

That's great info to have, thanks. AN thanks to everyone that chimed in on this problem im having.

Back
Top Bottom