Hopeful Entrepreneurs Attend Medical Marijuana Class

Truth Seeker

The Cannabis Career Institute hosted the valley's first-ever medical marijuana school, teaching students the ins and outs of growing medical marijuana and starting their own dispensaries.

Nearly 70 students learned how to open and manage medical marijuana dispensaries, delivery services and grow operations if it becomes legal in Nevada.

Medical marijuana is legal for patients with a license in the state, but getting the product is tough for those patients. Selling marijuana, even the medical kind, is illegal and patients like Christina James say that makes getting her medicine hard.

"I'd like to be able to walk into any store, buy my medicine, take it home and use it like I would any other medicine," said James, who suffers from severe arthritis. She says medicinal pot is the only thing that relieves her pain without any harmful side effects.

At this time, patients can grow up to three plants for personal use.

James enrolled in the Cannabis Career Institute with plans to open a dispensary one day. The school's founder, Robert F. Calkin, says dispensaries are a necessary and potentially lucrative business if legislation passes to make them legal.

"It's the beginning of something new and exciting, and a way for people who are in a job or industry they don't like to reinvent themselves," said Calkin.

If the current bill becomes law, up to 50 entrepreneurs could open dispensaries as long as they have a solid business plan and $150,000 to back that plan.

abb31.jpg

News Hawk- Truth Seeker 420 MAGAZINE ®
Source: fox5vegas.com
Author: Lindsay Curtis
Website: Hopeful entrepreneurs attend medical marijuana class - FOX5 Vegas - KVVU

Back
Top Bottom