Horizontal grow?

Charmanderrr

I just had a thought that turned into a question for you. I was looking at this
0AA7B261-040B-4DE5-922C-491BAF09F1BD.jpeg

And then I thought it’s probably good for the buds to get horizontal like that to spread some lux love. Then I wondered if anyone’s tried supercropping every single branch on a plant for this reason. Does it actually increase quality or is it more for spacing?

Answer = D, all the above. the damaged limb will form a knuckle that the plant has to repair, plant will send more sap and xylem to repair the damage, the knuckle will help that limb to become stronger much like a broken bone. It helps to open up the plant allowing more light to penetrate further into canopy, all of this improves yields over a non supercropped limb, and yes it’s ok to SC every limb but most will spread this out over several different sessions of supercropping. Some will supercrop limbs more than once to get the canopy shape they want but don’t think I would supercrop the same limb twice without a few weeks in between SC sessions

This is my first grow but I have done this to every branch of my plants as 013 mentions, slowly over time. The results are fantastic with all the nodes getting sun and growing evenly. I do random leaf pulling of the fans that are covering a bud site as well.

Answer = D, all the above. the damaged limb will form a knuckle that the plant has to repair, plant will send more sap and xylem to repair the damage, the knuckle will help that limb to become stronger much like a broken bone. It helps to open up the plant allowing more light to penetrate further into canopy, all of this improves yields over a non supercropped limb, and yes it’s ok to SC every limb but most will spread this out over several different sessions of supercropping. Some will supercrop limbs more than once to get the canopy shape they want but don’t think I would supercrop the same limb twice without a few weeks in between SC sessions
Thanks. I actually kinda know what you’re talking about after reading that article on here about the transport system in the plant. The xylem and phloem are actually in my vocabulary now. Although you mentioned it increases yield. If my only concern is quality is it worth the effort? I just grow for myself and loved ones and don’t care to have excess, But I do care about having it as danky as it can be.

This is my first grow but I have done this to every branch of my plants as 013 mentions, slowly over time. The results are fantastic with all the nodes getting sun and growing evenly. I do random leaf pulling of the fans that are covering a bud site as well.
I appreciate Ya. Can I see a picture maybe?

Supercropping is not going to impact the quality of your bud, the quantity yes you will have thicker more dense buds but quality is determined by genetics….. So If you grow a full wet pound of weed that pound dries out to around quarter pound so don’t think you will have too much to worry about just yet. Go with supercropping

And then I thought it’s probably good for the buds to get horizontal like that to spread some lux love. Then I wondered if anyone’s tried supercropping every single branch on a plant for this reason. Does it actually increase quality or is it more for spacing?
They can put up with alot man , I've topped and super cropped the same plant probly 50 times
20210320_121440.jpg

IMG_1353.JPG

IMG_1366.JPG

Back
Top Bottom