How can I withdraw from registry?

littlebits

I must say I'm a more than a bit miffed by the recent conundrum going on with the creation of this new super database full of confidential patient information to be shared between state agencies, law enforcement etc. I'm a licensed health professional and don't feel comfortable with the idea that my professional and personal medical information may be cross referenced in the database. Like many concerned mmj patients, this isn't why I submitted my application to the registry! I'm appalled that my professional stature could be threatened by this nonsense! If I choose not to renew my registration is that enough? or do I need to contact the CDPHE to withdraw from the registry ... if that's even a possibility .. . . I'm trying not to be paranoid but . . . .

:thanks:

I would think you would just not renew.. They aren't just going to pull you off.... They lured lots of people out and now have records on all the patients and caregivers...

I would recommend studying up on the CO. HIPPA laws, as the way that the Federal HIPPA law is written the Fed. version is a mere stepping stone and that states may tighten them for there own needs.

There will be MANY HIPPA lawsuits filed by MMJ patients, as it is getting common for state MMJ laws to break Federal HIPPA law.

Combine the fact that many states have laws tightening HIPPA laws, but yet contradict themselves with their 'State' MMJ = it's going to get interesting in the courts when the MMJ fighters realize this "Promised Land" and use it.

Spread the word it will only benefit oneself.

Thank you both for you insight . ... just one of those things that's going to take time to get all the bugs worked out .. . now that I'm already on there, that's where I stay whether I renew or not, gonna check into hippa more. For now going to keep an eye on all the happenings and kick it back old school style ..:rollit:

Back
Top Bottom