How do buds form?

KarlJay

Ok, I have been LST most branches and manually spreading the tops and tips of the branches to get them to open up.

When I look at a bud, it seems to form over the last 5" of the tip of a branch, meaning that it's a mix of all the leaves/growth at the tips. It looks like it all just grows together at the end of a branch and that becomes the flower.

If this is true, I really shouldn't be pulling open the ends once I get into flowing because wouldn't that hurt the bud/cola?

Example: see where the branch turns up. Is that where the bud/cola is going to start forming? Because right now, that just continues to branch off.
IMG_013821.JPG
IMG_013723.JPG

Every node on a branch and all the top nodes will produce the buds. Look at some completed journals for the full run . They will give you a better idea.

You can LST during flower no probs mate. I pull, tie and cut mine all the time and they just come back smiling. Dont remove branches though , like I said thats where the buds form. If some big pans are blocking light to the branches then if you want remove or tuck them under.

yea you dont wanna cut off fan leaves cause they give nutes to the plants, yea hands off during flowering is perfect cause you put them into shock for a couple days when you cut the leaves. But when lower leaves are dying yea you can cut them. happy growing

the best way i can describe what i saw is that the nodes swell in the beginning. and then once the white hairs appear its almost as if the flower bursts from the swollen nodes and then just grow from there. as the flower grows is emerges with other flowering nodes and thats how you get the big top colas. its a multitude of flowers swollen into one.

this picture shows a node that will produce bud
P1060387.JPG

Back
Top Bottom