How do buds grow?

eBUD

I was wondering how a bud starts and grows till its harvested. Is it different how the plants will grow between different strains? Or do all buds grow relativly the same? Whats the stages of development when flowering? Will the buds grow thick then get resonous or the other way around? Hope to hear some feedback
:ganjamon: :peace:

All the buds are basically the same structure. Some are tighter (denser) than others with indicas being known for the smaller denser buds and sativas are known for the longer main stem but fluffy buds. Hybrids can exhibit either or even both traits to a degree. Buds are a formation of hairs known as pistils. The pistils main purpose is to catch pollen. Once a pistil collects a grain of pollen a seed is formed in that area. Bud with out seed is referred to as sensimilla. That is the type we as med users and recreaational users desire. Resin occurs after the buds start.

OKay sweet. So are there any ways to maximize the potential of the plants to grow more pistils? Using the correct nutes/light/temp the only things needed to worrie about? I've heard about using Co2 but dont know how or how much. A certain meter is needed i know that.

You can use Co2 to boost the production/growth of your plant, but my take is that in most situations it is simply not worth it. To take advantage you have to have a completely sealed off area (to help contain the Co2), monitoring, and of course you have to obtain/generate the Co2 itself (seemingly suspicious frequent rental of Co2 canisters or burning a propane heater in the room). Proper circulating ventilation will provide plenty of Co2 for your chicas.

Not that I am particularly experienced, though I do have a few under my belt, but what I have learned tells me to start with the very basics and slowly, over time (generations of plants), learn how to tweak your techniques to your particular situation (environment, plant genetics, etc). If you change too many variables at once, it is near impossible for your brain to figure out which things had benefits and which didn't. If you look at masters like Smokin*****'s grows, you can see some grows where he used no fancy tools or equipment or anything and has grown things that boggle my mind (admittedly it tends to be easily boggled when I am reading this site). Therefore, I think nutrients (and soil/substrate composition), lights, temp, and humidity are good starting variables and pretty much those that simply can't be ignored. The other oft forgotten item is patience. I'm doing better with that, but there is an overpowering desire to check on things and that leads to overdoing things as well as too much traffic into the grow area which brings in undesireables (pollen, insects, disease, etc). I'm down to 2-3 checks per day, but its a constant battle :)

I check about twice a week. I try to limit the traffic from myself in the room. Its hard knowing that there is something so magnificent in the other room..... growing.... AH im going to go nuts! lol
PS i updated my pics of first and second grow. Check it out, leave a comment, let me know what ya think. Thankx yo :peace:

I check about twice a week. I try to limit the traffic from myself in the room. Its hard knowing that there is something so magnificent in the other room..... growing.... AH im going to go nuts! lol
PS i updated my pics of first and second grow. Check it out, leave a comment, let me know what ya think. :peace:

I think you should constantly be in your garden arranging the branches to acheive maximum light proficiency. I love tending mine. Flowering is when your plants need you most.

Back
Top Bottom