Question about Bud's and Lights

When a plant is flowering.....is it the light hitting the bud, that makes it grow...? or is it the Light being absorbed through the leaves...that make a bud grow?

Photosynthesis takes place primarily in plant leaves, including the leaves within the bud.

If there is a thick canopy...will the buds underneath still bloom?
Yes, but growth will be dramatically reduced. The intensity, quality and daily duration of illumination all influence the amount of photosynthesis that takes place.

Where does the bud, get the energy to grow?

Light energy converted to chemical energy....

i dont recommend to thick of a canopy with a lot of lower shoots , those nugs will be real airy and not dense ..... basically a waste of plants energy , that is absorbed by only leaves

all depends on your light source and where it is ! i remove all lower shoots as they just hurt my yield by taking energy to make garbage ... all i have is tops and colas

It's complex, the roots, drawing nutrients, supply the plant with the materials it needs to convert sunlight and nutrients to the needs of the plant. The leaves supply photosynthesis from the light. Think of it this way, your leaves are your power plant, while the roots supply raw materials to the machine. The more light, the more penetration to the lower branches.

Thanks chaps.

Is there risk by removing lower shoots? Use a sterile blade? Need to cover them or just let them go.

Also as I'm doing it now is it better to do a few at a time rather than all in one go? Don't want to overstress the plant... one herm was enough, especially as I am down to 2 plants, from 5 :)

yea i would recommend doing a bit over a 4 day period but if you dont have to many shoots to get rid of then cut them all no ( thats what i do ) , and then i leave them in veg for another 4 days before i throw them into flower so they can pull out of the shock !

Poop... am already in flower.

Perhaps trim them off over the 4 days and give a spray and water with a Superthrive solution?

Here's an example of where I am;

IMAG1104.jpg

Too far gone?

no more than a couple shoots a day peeps. Aggressively thinning out your plants during flower is a sure way too chock your plant which (depending on the genetics of the plant) can lead to Hermie conditions.

Think of it like this. If you had 200 pennies (representing leaves and stems) on your kitchen table and someone took a few each day you wouldn't notice till many had been stolen. But if someone took lets say, like 30 or 40 you sure would notice.

Back
Top Bottom