Remove lower bud-sites 6 weeks into flower?

Happyjoy

hey everyone.
i have a superauto jamaican berry plant going.
i had issues with not enough light in the begining of the grow, and the plant became very very leafy, with not so much buds.
i fixed the light issue now, and am about 6 weeks into the flowering phase. (it should go around another 2 weeks to a month)

the problem is, that since the plant i scrogged, i have a bunch of small airy buds, below the canopy, that are not getting light penetration. they are hidden by dense bunches of leaves, since the plant is very leafy.

should i trim off these low airy bud spots? will it help the plant use its energy for the larger buds? or is it too late to do this just 2weeks to 4 weeks before harvest?
thnks
hj

No I would trim those off. I do it all the time. Usually earlier, like three weeks into flowering, but I trim them out anytime really. It's debatable how much it will help, but airflow is improved and I don't think it hurts either.

BUT. Is your plant an auto?- people don't usually do this sort of thing with autos.

Yeah of course I remember you :thumb: good to see you're still growing.

I usually remove all the undergrowth at about three weeks into flowering- or whenever the plants have stopped stretching and are obviously settling in to flower. Then I take out everything below the screen- which can be up to half the foliage sometimes. Then little buds grow back under there later on- I usually leave them- or sometimes i remove them and toss them in the the hash/trimmings pile

It seems to be generally accepted that it's better to do these things all in one go then a little bit every few days or whatever. I don't see any sign of shock to the plant at all actually. I just remove everything below the screen. Any growth below the screen won't really produce much of anything and just blocks airflow and diverts energy as far as I'm concerned. Eventually that growth tends to mostly die out from lack of light, which causes more potential airflow/mold problems.

Back
Top Bottom