How do I clean a closet with hermie

delld

I have experienced what happens when a hermie appears in a closet unknowingly until too late. I have lots of hermie induced seeds to experiment with I guess. It may have been due to my second generation bag seed roots for my 3rd closet grow. I decided to get some seeds from a seed bank to try a better grade seed to do my next grow. I guess I'm not sure how to properly clean the closet of any residual male pollin. I have a mylar lined closet so I'm not sure what I can use to clean it and not have it dulled or streaked. How long does male pollen stay viable? I'm rather tired of getting hermies and I've gotten hit twice so I hope the good seed can get me away from being a seed producer and into good seedless bud. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. :peace: Peace to all.:ciao: :scratchinghead:

um I think you wipe you wall down with bleach or one of those kinda disinfectent porducts. Clean everywear and vacume the floor or sweepwhatever.

Also are you sure you room is Light proof? Maybe there is a leak you didn't notice and thats whats causing them to go hermie

What area do you live in? My choice would be to buy clones. They are female of your choice. Strain of your choice, and less time for sprout to pot. No Hermie, unless you let light sneak in. Just my 2cents

Later Gator
Dad

water kills pollen for sure but what about other pests ect, after every grow i disinfect my room and equipment with a green house mix of jays fluid, be sure to rinse it well [ i rince twice with a large sponge ] as jays fluid also kills plants

use water or a little disinfectant if necessary. Either way pollen isn't viable for long, so depending on the time frame it might not effect your next grow. If you're plant goes hermie its always good to keep a bottle of Dutchmaster Reversal around. Works well and should keep those suckers down.

Dutchmaster Reversal you say, never tried that will check it out ,,many thanks englander

I have experienced what happens when a hermie appears in a closet unknowingly until too late. I have lots of hermie induced seeds to experiment with I guess. It may have been due to my second generation bag seed roots for my 3rd closet grow. I decided to get some seeds from a seed bank to try a better grade seed to do my next grow. I guess I'm not sure how to properly clean the closet of any residual male pollin. I have a mylar lined closet so I'm not sure what I can use to clean it and not have it dulled or streaked. How long does male pollen stay viable? I'm rather tired of getting hermies and I've gotten hit twice so I hope the good seed can get me away from being a seed producer and into good seedless bud. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. :peace: Peace to all.:ciao: :scratchinghead:
I use cleaning vinegar. Works like a charm. It also does wonders for killing mites and powdery mildew spores in the room (do NOT on the plants)

Back
Top Bottom