How do I make my plants fit the growspace?

supermanninja

Hi,

After the first grow I’m now tired of my wardrobe set up and therefore decided to upgrade myself. So I bought the version II of Secret Jardin’s Dark Room Street 60. A friend of mine has the old Dark Room Street 60 and as long as the new version has the same feeling to it, I’m satisfied!

This time I’m growing L.S.D & Tangerine Dream from Barney’s and Lemon Skunk from DNA Genetics.

My question is mainly directed to those who have grown any of the above-mentioned strains, but of course – all knowledge is good knowledge. :winkyface:

How long would you recommend me to veg the plants before topping them and turning the lights to 12/12?

The Dark Room Street II 60 is 140 cm tall. The pots that I use are 12 litres and there is 24 cm from the bottom of the tent to the soil level. The HPS, the reflector and my homemade cool tube solution takes about 20 cm of vertical space – which leaves me with about 96 cm to grow in.

Ideal would be plants that are just about 90 cm tall, but how do I get there? :hmmmm:

/SupermanNinja

Re: How do I make my plants fit the growspace? :)

Thank you for the reply HempRocket.

How long would you recommend me to veg the plants before topping them and turning the lights to 12/12?

As I wrote I'm planning to top the plants before going into blooming. I will start bending them if they grow to tall, aka LST.

What I was wondering was how long the plants should be before turning into 12/12 so that they do not exceed 90 cm of height.

How much does L.S.D. stretch?
How much does Tangerine Dream stretch?
How much does Lemon Skunk stretch?

/SupermanNinja

What I was wondering was how long the plants should be before turning into 12/12 so that they do not exceed 90 cm of height.
/SupermanNinja

For me I'd rather tell the plants how much they can grow in height, than try to build the grow space to match what they might grow into. So I use SCROG. Keeps more bud sites in the sweet spot of the lights.

Also less work overall. With SCROG there is a lot of work right as you go into flowering for about two weeks. With tieing them down, LST, moving lights around... You will have to keep up on that for most of the grow.

Prairie

For me I'd rather tell the plants how much they can grow in height, than try to build the grow space to match what they might grow into. So I use SCROG. Keeps more bud sites in the sweet spot of the lights.

Also less work overall. With SCROG there is a lot of work right as you go into flowering for about two weeks. With tieing them down, LST, moving lights around... You will have to keep up on that for most of the grow.

Prairie

Agreed...scrog...lst...control your plant height without disrupting the plant too much..

:Namaste:

I understand you brother, it's all to do with how much you let them grow before you go 12/12.

I have 4ft of grow height, if it's all Indica then as long as you don't go over 12 inches it will fit the space, if it's Sativa then do not go even to 12' go 12/12 around 9 inches is my advice to you. I would not top them either, there's no need once you know when to go 12/12 it will fit and anyway from my own experience you get less bud topping than letting them grow normally cos you're going to get less bud cos you're flipping early due to the grow height.

Like the other wise people say scrog is one way to go which I have not tried yet, seems a bit too much work for a lazy guy like me ;o)

I would just do some LST if they did grow too high. I do lollypop them during vegging to get rid of the lower branches, I would leave fan leaves on though this does make them more bushy up top though, I would seed my plants then have them under lights for vegging no more than 4 weeks from spouting or as above no more than 12 inches in my grow space before I go 12/12.

On my current grow I let them veg from for only 3 weeks then went 12/12 dont think they were even 9 inches when I did it more like 7 inches am in my 6 week of flowering and I have around 2 foot of space left on mine left in other words I take my own advice next grow and do the above lol so as you can see the early you go 12/12 the smaller they will grow in height.

If I have the space I would vegg for 5 weeks but cos I have a limit 4 weeks tops for me or 12 inches, hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom