How do I moderate Blog comments?

TheCapn

I recently started a BLOG, and I have it set so I must approve comments before they show up. However, people are posting comments, and I am not alerted. I cannot find a way to see a list of comments and then approve them. The only thing I can do, it click on EVERY individual BLOG post, and THEN see the comments for that one post. There has got to be an easier way?

HELP!

Hello? Am I posting in the correct forum?

I turned off moderation and now when someone posts a comment, I get an email alert. However I don't want it set up this way. I should get an alert when someone posts a comment that needs to be approved before being published.

Have you tried adjusting the options for blogs in your User CP?

Default Subscription Mode: Blog Entries
Default Subscription Mode:
When you post a new blog entry, you can choose to automatically add the entry to your list of subscribed entries, with the option to receive email notification of new comments to that blog entry.

Default Subscription Mode: Blog Comments
Default Subscription Mode:
When you post a new comment, you can choose to automatically add the blog entry to your list of subscribed entries, with the option to receive email notification of new comments to that blog entry.

You have the option of Instant Email notifications or Control Panel Only.

Hope this helps.
:Namaste:

You can find the the Default Subscription Modes by scrolling to the bottom of the Blog "Permissions and Privacy" settings page.

420_screenshot21.JPG
420_screenshot1.JPG

Thanks for the reply, 3 months later. However, I don't think you understood my question. Let me try to be more clear.

This function doesn't work: "Default Subscription Mode: Instantly, using email" when you have "Default Subscription Mode: Blog Comments" turned on.

I had these two turned on, so I must approve comments before they show up. However, people in that configuration, when people post comments, I am not alerted.

Hi TheCapn,

Please allow me to apologize for the amount of time it's taken to resolve this issue but I do believe we may have fixed it finally!
:cheer:

You should now be able to select the "Moderate comments before displaying" option along with selecting the "Instantly, using email" option in the Default Subscription Mode: Blog Comments and then receive an email alert when someone posts a comment on your blogs. After selecting those options, newly posted comments should no longer be viewable by other members until they are approved by you.

Please let me know if this works for you now or if you're still having the same issue.

Thank you for your patience while we worked through this issue.

Back
Top Bottom