How do I see other peoples journals past or present?

Most people have their journals linked in their signatures - the best place for it. If for some reason they aren’t in there, you’ll just have to read through their ‘postings’ and follow the cookie crumbs. At least that’s the best option I can find on mobile. But really almost everyone puts their journals in their signatures.

Another option would be to search using whatever term, even blank, along with their user name, and dig around that way.

Click the members name to go to their profile page. On the right side click find. Then you can look through all posts or all threads made by an individual.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200429-080610.png
    Screenshot_20200429-080610.png
    276.6 KB · Views: 206
  • Screenshot_20200429-080754.png
    Screenshot_20200429-080754.png
    447.8 KB · Views: 196
I have even created a link that goes a bit further than our limited signature lines can do. With this listing I can pick what I consider to be my very best grow journals, links and tutorials, and place them here for easy access. Not many do this however, and I find myself constantly using the method that Turbo described, checking out in their profiles what threads they have originated. You can also do this using the advanced search features of this board. Check out my links link, down below:

Used to be able to search a specific section of the forum for threads created by a specific member. E.g., select the search option for threads created by specific member, enter ZefsBuds into the space for which member, then check the boxes for the journal sections (or the box for the section that contains the various journal "sub-sections" and check the box beside the option to search "daughter forums" or whatever it was called).

This new forum software does not appear to have the ability to do that. But it's possible that it does, and I just missed it. I managed to search specific sections of the forum - that's easy and obvious. Got the "...by specific member" part, too, because - again - that's obvious. The problem is, I didn't see how to limit that to threads created by that user; I just got a list of every post the person created in that section of the forum.

That does not automatically mean that the capability isn't there, merely that I was unable to find it / figure it out. Play around with the search options, maybe you can find what I couldn't.

You can do the above, and it'll lead you to what you are seeking. Eventually. The problem is that most folks who run grow journals also post in other people's journal threads, too. And, sometimes, they post a lot, lol.

If you happen to remember at least one of the words the person used in the title of their journal thread, there's a box for "keywords," and an option to only look in thread titles for same. I'd like to assume that whoever wrote the search routine did so in an intelligent way, and that both things can be done simultaneously. I cannot muster up that level of confidence at this point - but you can always hope. It doesn't cost anything to try, after all.

Other possible solutions would include sending a message directly to the person and simply asking them for a link. That will work if they have the minimum number of posts required to use the forum messaging system, allow direct messages, and notice/check & respond to them. I suppose, if everything else failed to provide results, you could try contacting a staff member for assistance. I don't really see that as being part of their job, so please treat this as kind of an "in case of emergency, break glass" thing. On the other hand... If you're grocery shopping, have a full cart, maybe a kid or two to keep track of, are on your way out... and discover that a recent store remodel has left the doors in a semi-functional condition, lol, it seems perfectly reasonable to expect a clerk, cashier, manager, or even the store's owner to hold the @#%& door open for you. But, again, use this as a last resort (IMHO). After all, at least the poor harried cashiers would have had no say in regards to the store remodel - and are probably even more inconvenienced by it that you are, since they have to deal with lots of customers plus manage to get through that door, themselves.

Oh, and encourage the person to add a link to the journal thread to their .SIG, so that other people don't encounter the same difficulty (that you did) in the future. I realize that isn't going to help YOU, but... <SHRUGS> Well, it's like wearing the masks, isn't it? Something we do to help other people, even though doing so does not help ourselves directly and immediately. However, if everyone does it, the combined act serves to help all of us. And, if you don't... IDK. Invest in a funeral parlor, I guess. . . .

Back
Top Bottom