How do I put a seedling in soil into a DWC bucket netpot safely?

If the air pump is putting out enough to move the surface around it will be fine. I've never tried the rocks but I suspect
they work pretty much work the same as hydroton. I prefer using no medium at all. Just a puck and net cup.
I don't use rockwool either but I think most people soak it in PHed water.

Yeah, I got a 5 gallon bucket and a 10 inch net pot lid. Tomorrow I am going to fill a couple of gallon jugs and test fill the system and see how much fluid I have in there at different test levels...to take the guesswork out somewhat. As for the rockwool cube, I think it might be a good buffer between the plants stem and the grow rocks in case there is some shifting or whatever.

~ I am having mixed thoughts on what to do. I have a Great White Shark plant that I just germinated in soil, that I have planned to use in the switchover to DWC...But I also have a nice clone of Jack Herer that I have in the rooting process. And it's mother is pretty big and strong. Also, maybe it would be safer to take a sweet top cutting from the Jack Herer mother plant and root it in the rockwool, and when I see the roots pop out...then straight to the DWC bucket ~ there is several degrees of safety here... or the same being chicken shit scared ~ :bitingnails:

These are some updated pics about 2 days later, after i started noticing new growth. That yellow leaf has been yellow ever since it was sitting in soil, new growth been coming nice and green like that, and the yellowing didnt really get any worse for that leaf either, so i guess these r good signs :)

2013-06-02_14_54_43.jpeg

2013-06-02_14_45_23.jpeg

well, I put a plant into the DWC bucket...but I switched a Jack Herer Clone I just did , instead of my Great White shark. The roots looked to fragile for the GWS , and the JH is always long and strong ~ plus I cleaned out all the soil 100% from the clone and had no damage or sign of stress...here's a couple of pictures.
Jack_Herer_and_Church_plants_0035.jpg
Jack_Herer_and_Church_plants_0024.jpg
Jack_Herer_and_Church_plants_0013.jpg
Jack_Herer_and_Church_plants005.JPG
Jack_Herer_and_Church_plants_0066.jpg
Jack_Herer_and_Church_plants_0046.jpg
Jack_Herer_and_Church_plants_0075.jpg

you can see the GWS wasn't as strong looking as the JH clone...also, the other plant in the picture with the GWS is a clone of the CHURCH plant I have growing...she's every bit as strong as her Mama...love my girls :circle-of-love:

well, I put a plant into the DWC bucket...but I switched a Jack Herer Clone I just did , instead of my Great White shark. The roots looked to fragile for the GWS , and the JH is always long and strong ~ plus I cleaned out all the soil 100% from the clone and had no damage or sign of stress...here's a couple of pictures.
Jack_Herer_and_Church_plants_0035.jpg
Jack_Herer_and_Church_plants_0024.jpg
Jack_Herer_and_Church_plants_0013.jpg
Jack_Herer_and_Church_plants005.JPG
Jack_Herer_and_Church_plants_0066.jpg
Jack_Herer_and_Church_plants_0046.jpg
Jack_Herer_and_Church_plants_0075.jpg

you can see the GWS wasn't as strong looking as the JH clone...also, the other plant in the picture with the GWS is a clone of the CHURCH plant I have growing...she's every bit as strong as her Mama...love my girls :circle-of-love:

this is the two mother plants for the Jack Herer and Church.... just soaking up some sunshine ~ happy happy happy... :thumb:

Jack_Herer_and_Church_plants_0121.jpg
Jack_Herer_and_Church_plants_0112.jpg
Jack_Herer_and_Church_plants_0103.jpg
Jack_Herer_and_Church_plants_0093.jpg
Jack_Herer_and_Church_plants_0084.jpg

Do you guys think that i shud be giving it half nutes by now? Im still only giving it 1/4, roots are growing really nice down at the bottom at the netpot, maybe is time to step on the gas a lil and add more nutes?

Do you guys think that i shud be giving it half nutes by now? Im still only giving it 1/4, roots are growing really nice down at the bottom at the netpot, maybe is time to step on the gas a lil and add more nutes?

Do the color and vigor of your plants look like they can handle more nutes? ...That's the first thing I always ask myself when I am going to make a change in the nutes. If I don't feel totally confident that I won't be hurting nothing ~ Then I do nothing. When I first started growing...the problems that I had the most were..." Adding to much " either it be watering, feeding, light, etc. etc. Your plants will always tell you what they want and need... Also, in DWC grows. You want to have your enzymes in your reservoir ( bucket ) so your roots are maintained and happy. I use AN's " Sensizym " and let it do it's thing. The bigger the roots, the bigger the fruits.

Back
Top Bottom