How do i use this thing i built?

michiganrules

Got me a 7 gallon rubbermail tote cut the holes got my airstones put it all together now i need help....

Ok so how do i use it, how much water to put in it, water temp how deep in do i put my cuttings?

should i use superthrive? plain water ,rooting hormone?

the way im using it now just isent working... water almost to the top,airstone crankin water temp around 68- 72 cutting 2 inchs in water...

I have this wierd slime growing around the cutting dont know if its from the water temp or the superthrive i used prolly 6-8 drops in 7 gallons..

so if u can give me some advise would be awsome... ive had some limited success but nothing near more than 20% help me out:peacetwo:

Re: How do i use this thing i built???

I've never used a bubble cloner but I'd guess u fill the water enough so that the water is just under the bottom of the cuttings, try to cut them around the same length and if some are longer it's ok, just adjust it so the bottom of the stem is right. you want the little splashes from the airstones bubbles breaking the surface to almost mist the stems. It needs very little water, just enough to keep it moist and it will want more water so it will grow some roots to reach down further. I'm no expert at all but my guess is you don't submerge the stems into the water. some say optimal temp is 70-75 but I've successfully rooted clones 65-75, I wouldnt worry too much about temps as long as they aren't like 80+ or below 60. cloning is a pretty simple thing, if the clones are off of a veging plant they should show roots in a week or less, sometimes longer with a flowering plant. I take mine about 3-4 weeks into flower because due to medical laws I'm limited on # of plants and I don't want to have 1 less plant by having to keep a mother around, plus their slower rooting buys me enough time to complete my harvest before those cuttings I took half way through flower have a chance to root and grow beyond the 1' mark and be considered a mature plant. Hope that helps, good luck

Look in the forum for a thread from Roseman on how to grow with bubbles, or under Deep Water Culture He will show you step by step how to use what you have built!!

I'm not sure if you are adding clones already with roots to start a grow, or if you have made a Clone Tank to make and grow roots first?

If this is a Cloner, you do not add nutes to start with. They can't eat without roots.

If this is to grow plants already with roots, look here:

I just knew you'd get here sooner or later !! Whos da man...Roseman !!

I have heard of rubbermade totes breaking under the weight of water.

Water (depending on it's specific gravity, what is in it) weighs about 7lbs per gallon.

Rubbermade totes may hold that much weight for some time but will eventually break down.

well it is a clone tank and superthrive is a hormone vitimin thing 1 drop per gallon or so...is that causing the slime? do the stems go in the water?should i use plain water?

well it is a clone tank and superthrive is a hormone vitimin thing 1 drop per gallon or so...is that causing the slime? do the stems go in the water?should i use plain water?

OK, for cloning, now we know.

The way the cuttings are taken, or cut is very important. Gotta be all clean and sanitary. No air bubble in the bottom of the stem, and where they are taken from is important.
Need high humidty, water less than 71 degrees and very clean water. The stems in this kind of system, do not go in the water but do go very close to the water line so that the bubbling water splashes up on them. NO nutes in the water but some cloners,, do use a mist or a foilage spray.

I'll be right back.

fill the tote til it hits the bottom of ur net pots,use b-1 as dirrected per gal,put ur lights in place & have a fan on low.i dont cover my clones w\ a dome - some do.this works great,i havnt lost a clone since i started doing it like this.be careful totes will break,i broke 3 so far.

Back
Top Bottom