How do they make the hard candy?

Gothmog

My wife uses MMJ for pain. Some of it comes in the form of hard candy which, to judge from my careful investigative procedures, is thoroughly impregnated with THC. The folks at the dispensary tell her that most people find it best to suck on it for a half hour or so then wrap it up again, because if you take the whole piece at one, you get really very high.

Not knowing much about how even regular candy is made, I'd like to know how they do this. It does seem like a great way to take MJ for people who don't like to smoke.

well hard candy is just light corn syrup and sugar boiled to a certain degree then you add the flavoring, not sure when the best time to add the MJ would be. just google old fashion hard candy recipes, its a very simple process.

Hard candies usually start as sugar and coloring heated and stirred until it turns to a thick sticky goo. As it cools it thickens and you can pull it like taffy. I bet if you pre-carboxylated (warmed the pot for a while, like when you make cannabutter) some and then dribbled it in while it is still being worked but after it has cooled some, you could do a good job of folding it into the candy. You just can't let the cannabinoids get too hot, and the sugar you start with is probably too hot.

That's just the normal method though. There are probably other low heat ways to make hard candy I don't know about.

Edit: ALaine beat me to it. ;)

:peace:

Welcome to the 420 community. We have a wealth of information here and some wonderful members, so stick around and lets here more from you.

Make sure to stop by here to find all kinds of recipes to help -

420 Kitchen - 420 Magazine

And here to find information and others members dealing with the same issues -

MEDICAL MARIJUANA - 420 Magazine

Ask all the questions you have, peace and 420. :peacetwo:
My wife uses MMJ for pain. Some of it comes in the form of hard candy which, to judge from my careful investigative procedures, is thoroughly impregnated with THC. The folks at the dispensary tell her that most people find it best to suck on it for a half hour or so then wrap it up again, because if you take the whole piece at one, you get really very high.

Not knowing much about how even regular candy is made, I'd like to know how they do this. It does seem like a great way to take MJ for people who don't like to smoke.

Back
Top Bottom