How do you determine the first day of flower?

Purple Goose

Just wondering with an indoor grow how do you figure out the first day of flower or how long stretch lasted , Is the first day of 12/12 considered the first day of flower and figured into how long the plant will take or when a strain says its an 8 week strain does that mean in general the plant will transition from flower ,bloom and ripen in a period of 8 weeks or will it take another 8 weeks after transition?

You see I have some plants that are definetly a sativa dominant strain and I put them to flower 34 days ago and they just finished there stretch so according to cannastats info on the 40/60 phenomenen, which means the stretch takes up 40% of the flowering time it means my plants will take another 50+ days to finish but not sure if you go from day one or if you give a week for transition?
So hoping someone could explain to me if transition is considered part of the flowering period or not.

I'll note when I flip to 12/12, but other than that it's all observation/reading the plant.

The plant sets its schedules, not the calendar.

DD

Thats the kind of answer I was hoping for I kinda was thinking the same thing but when the breeder gives you info like it takes 8 weeks or 10 etc weeks to flower I have always thought to basically consider the first day of flower as about 5-7 days after the light change on average but I imagine sativas take a bit longer to transition and all. I figure this means I probably have another 50 days give or take till my ladies will be done and considering there present stage of development I am getting kinda worried about there finishing height , even though the stretch is done with another 50 days and only 10-12inches left that I can raise my light.

I have always considered the first day of flowering to be the first day the plant presents its sex to you.

Your plant will tell you when she needs harvested, you just have to have a good eye to read her, once you speak her language, possibilities are endless

Well when I flipped the lights I had half of them already showing sex took 7 days to identify the last 5 positively although the male's all presented within 3-4 days of light switch.

But the main reason I asked is cause of my present grow flipped the light on oct 4 and now 35 days later they have increase there size from 13 inches to 44 inches from everything I can tell about them they look like they are gonna be around 80 days.

Back
Top Bottom