How Do You Nute?

HeadMed

I'm using 40 gal rezy's, and I've always added my nutes 1 at a time directly to the tank as i filled it with water (I now have a hose, but this used to involve 5gal at a time.). I am using yer basic gh flora, diamond nectar, B1, Silica, Zone, koolbloom, and grodan blocks, flood and drain tables.

I have been using gh fer so long and the same water for so long, I know all the amounts and can have them ready to go in their own cups waiting to be tossed into the rez as it fills up.

I've played with the order they go in, currently its; Ph up, water, diamond nectar, water, B1, water, Zone (if needed, not always), water, silica, water, KoolBloom, water, Micro, water, Bloom, top off tank with water.

Its been suggested to me, that I may be locking some stuff out do to this method.

What I'm SUPPOSED to do evidently is fill the tank with water remove a gallon of water, add my nutes to that gallon and pour it back into the tank and mix it.

OR

What I'm SUPPOSED to do evidently is add supplements to their own gallons of clean water, fill the tank (mostly) and add nutes from those gallons we set up until i reach the desired ph and ppm.

That would be 8 gallons fer me... really?

Am I doing it wrong.... I could be... I've been wrong on this adventure before.

How do you do it?

You add your nutes to every single gallon of water in your rez at 1/4 strength and gradually increasing to full strength nutes n your plant will love you for it !

If your using Protek Silica or other and also Cal/Mag or similar you want to make sure and mix the silica FIRST and make sure it is diluted before you add Cal/Mag. This is the most common issue for causing lock out.

Have you ever had the solution turn white or cloudy by the next day on you?

Any other specific mixing instructions may come from the nutrient maker and should be followed as well.

After adding your silica product and then your cal/mag product you can then add yur base nutrients and PH, ect..ect...

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom