How do you switch to 12/12?

Tidepride

Hey fellow Deep Water Culture. My babies have been vegging for 5 weeks (topping and LST) and i want to want to throw them into flower. They have been under a 600 watt MH 24/7. Should i gradually (20/4 then 18/6 then 16/8) lead them to flower or throw it straight into 12/12? everyone's personal opinion would be EXTREMELY appreciated. Thanks in advance

Some growers swear by kick starting the flower period by doing a 24,36or 48+ hour dark cycle the first time.
But ive' never seen a day for day side by side comparison...

Thank you for the replies and warm welcome. I'm going to do a side by side of two bubble gums. One straight to flower, one with a 36 hour dark period. Cant hurt to try it out I suppose. Thanks again

Some growers swear by kick starting the flower period by doing a 24,36or 48+ hour dark cycle the first time.
But ive' never seen a day for day side by side comparison...

I've read that here on this site many times over with some pretty far fetched claims.
A few of the vet growers do it because it limits vertical growth and fattens up the stems which adds weight. Makes sense and i would do it too if I was a commercial grower.
Some growers claim that it "kick starts" flowering early but I've never read that they're able to harvest early so I chalk that one up in the myth column.
It certainly does nothing to increase potency.
I've read recently of some growers going for almost a week in the dark before 12/12. Dicey business with that one. Mold and mildew love dark and damp and a grow room sitting in the dark for 5 days would be prime breeding ground for mold :peace:

I wonder if most growers using long dark to induce flowering are even counting the extended dark days as part of the total flowering time? -some do long dark cycles at the end too... really grows should be counted from clone cut/seed crack to smoking, not the number of 12/12 days.

Back
Top Bottom