Switching to 12/12

Canachris

How do you switch to 12/12 ? Is it better to just wake up one day change to 12 hrs of darkness. in nature it's a gradual decline over weeks. are their any benefits to a slow slip into darkness. or is a better to cut down 6 hrs all at once

So even if you switch directly to 12/12 it takes about a week for the hormone to switch to flower to be full on active.... I've heard some growers here send the lady to a day or two of darkness to jump start that hormone production.

But as far as them reacting to a slow onset of longer dark time, I think it's just that.....a slow onset to flowering.

If not in a rush do it slowly by changing the amount of hours weekly.. if kinda in a hurry and want the show to start, then two days dark and then straight to 12/12.

I'm not sure the type of light makes a difference it's the amount of light that matters.

How do you switch to 12/12 ? Is it better to just wake up one day change to 12 hrs of darkness. in nature it's a gradual decline over weeks. are their any benefits to a slow slip into darkness. or is a better to cut down 6 hrs all at once
Outdoors that 'slow slip' into darkness one evening and out of darkness the next morning takes at least an hour. During that slow slip the actual sunlight is weak and one of the reasons that outdoor growers will notice their plants starting to flower even though the astronomers are saying only 10 hours of night and 14 hours of day. I notice that @Canachris brings this up in his msg.

It would seem that the way to do the 'slow slip' would be to have the type of lighting system that allows the grower to adjust from 0% power to the lights to 100%. Lot of working having to do that every day to match what is happening outside keeping in mind that eventually the nights can be over 14 hours long by harvest time.

Daylight - Wikipedia

Me, I just let the timer turn the lights on and off so it 100% or nothing.

Outdoors that 'slow slip' into darkness one evening and out of darkness the next morning takes at least an hour. During that slow slip the actual sunlight is weak and one of the reasons that outdoor growers will notice their plants starting to flower even though the astronomers are saying only 10 hours of night and 14 hours of day. I notice that @Canachris brings this up in his msg.

It would seem that the way to do the 'slow slip' would be to have the type of lighting system that allows the grower to adjust from 0% power to the lights to 100%. Lot of working having to do that every day to match what is happening outside keeping in mind that eventually the nights can be over 14 hours long by harvest time.

Daylight - Wikipedia

Me, I just let the timer turn the lights on and off so it 100% or nothing.
Thanks for the break down....I'm not to good with the scientific stuff....I just have a general idea of how things work :)

But yes same when I say it's flower time...it's all automatic on a timer 6:05am-6:05pm

Hello :ciao:
I run 16/8 > 14/10 > 12/12 - the reason being that most strains will start to change after the drop to 14hrs, so you may as well give them the extra two hours; when you do get to 12/12 a week later they are ready to flower pretty quick because they have had time to develop hormones/'florigen'
That's how I see it anyway

Back
Top Bottom