lighting questions

crbanshee

I have 10 sqft of floor space in my grow area, I am using a 1000w mh/hps light system. My plan is to veg with the M/H then flower with the HPS. Hydro shops and growers in my area have never heard of Deep Water Culture so I dont trust them. what I need to know for sure IS THE LIGHT CYCLE. I have read Roseman's CFL TUTORIAL 3 times now but that is CFL. I have been told by a hydro shop that i can go 24 hrs light for the first 2 weeks with the 1000W M/H then switch bulbs and go to a 12/12 cycle with my 1000w HPS? the light hood im using and the ballast are swithcable for the m/h and hps. so can anyone help me to get the correct light times with a Deep Water Culture set up and these lights.. I have 3 stealth hydro systems im going to be using in this small space if that helps to determine light cycles..

veg for 4 weeks of 18/6 then kick it over to 12/12. 4 weeks veg should give you plants that are 8-13 inches perfect for flowering.

veg for 4 weeks of 18/6 then kick it over to 12/12. 4 weeks veg should give you plants that are 8-13 inches perfect for flowering.

I agree with trunk, everyone is different though my buddy does 2 weeks as well as 3 and has seen great with results with both but 4 weeks gives you the big plants :) and that lighting sched on veg is your choice between the two but flower is always 12/12. Hope this helps.

SG

i have decided to go extreme and do 24/7 with a 1000w M/H I put my clones in the system last week tomorrow will mark 1 week exactly. my tallest clone was just a hair over 4inches tall when i put it in the system. today i took another measurement and it they have more than doubled in size.they are now in the 9 to 11 inch range and bushy as all get out.im thinking that at this rate they will double in size again by next weekend. if that is the case im going to be going to flower on week 2 of this grow..

I've never heard of them before coming here, we used to call it DWC, but people tend to call things by different names depending on where they are. People in the UK call them oxy-pots. Tomato tomato.

lol I like oxy pots. going to flower after two weeks sounds pretty good for that size! pics?

Back
Top Bottom