Switching From LED to HPS mid veg cycle

But yea more on topic, Being a novice i went from my 3L pots to 30L pots, i now realise my plants are barely going to be big enough to fill these at full bloom , I get that you should feed Daily when using coco coir but im just stuck as to how to do this in my situation, If i feed until waste/runoff then wait it takes 3 day's until the pots are light to the lift. do i just trial and error with my watering ammounts to try to keep up that daily feed or do i wait until they are drinking it up faster before transitioning to daily feeds? I was feeding daily until the transplant into the 30L and seemed to have more issues than just watering too run off and repeatingTrash photo sorry 40$ phone but there's an oil heater next to the girls to guage a size? i feel like every photo i take dwarves them entirely

You cannot over water coco, so at least a daily watering once your root system is developed.
You need to build your root system, I know you are ready to flower but I would wait, give them time to grow a bit and establish a good root system. I would say within the next two weeks should be good.
30L pots will take a bit to get the roots established, I would be using light nutes 300 to 400 ppm, and a good mycorrhizal product, like Great White of Sub Culture by general hydroponics. pH to 5.8 and watch them grow.

Good luck dude, if you nee any assistance just ask.
GR

Yeah that's what i thought however i saw multiple people say DO NOT leave your coco saturated ? root rot slwer growth ect i think was the reasoning but unsure. I was thinking about 2 weeks myself was hoping someone might just say FLIP THEM!! haha but i'm going to start feeding daily , i do not own a ppm meter wasn't in the budget however i plan to get one asap. Bit of playing around with the doses i think i'm where the plants are happy

Hey man things looking good and you’ve got some great people looking in and giving advice.
Not much to add, but I will say don’t sweat the small things. They are all learning opportunities and you will divide for yourself what worked well for you and what was worth avoiding. You’re on the right track.

hey , Im on day 3 after switching out my blurple for 600watt hps and my average RH went from 55-60% to 45-50% , i noticed my plants leaves feel alot drier then before the switch average room temp 26-27C max temp was 29c . would you say it's the humidity levels or the light causing my girls to dry out more and any tips too increase my RH without purchasing a humidifier

You cannot over water coco, so at least a daily watering once your root system is developed.
You need to build your root system, I know you are ready to flower but I would wait, give them time to grow a bit and establish a good root system. I would say within the next two weeks should be good.
30L pots will take a bit to get the roots established, I would be using light nutes 300 to 400 ppm, and a good mycorrhizal product, like Great White of Sub Culture by general hydroponics. pH to 5.8 and watch them grow.

Good luck dude, if you nee any assistance just ask.
GR
good mycorrhizal product , that's a root booster right? havn't used anything to help the root system should i definitely purchase some?

good mycorrhizal product , that's a root booster right? havn't used anything to help the root system should i definitely purchase some?

I have both, Subculture II and Great White, use both.

It is a beneficial microbe so any time is fine.

Don't over do it, it is life and needs some space, so follow directions. I have over done it, no benefit at all.

Ok im going to get some tomorrow can't find great white or subculture in my country however. I've fed every day since you brought it up and even though its a very short timeframe i have 100% noticed an increase in growth so will definitely be following this from the get go next run

Yes we need to work on your nute/water timing. Just read you are at 8 weeks. Let talk your nute/water cycles.
So now they have adjusted to the 600hps they are skyrocketing, Can see new growth after each cycle i realise now had i could have had thicker plants in 4 weeks then the 8 weeks under that chinese LED, sigh haha

bit of an update, Day 37 of flower for the girls. purple pic is Grandaddy Purple Clear pic is Og Kush

Attachments

• SCROG 2.jpg
    SCROG 2.jpg
    384.2 KB · Views: 36
  • SCROG.jpg
    SCROG.jpg
    407.9 KB · Views: 35
  • crystally.jpg
    crystally.jpg
    446.4 KB · Views: 35
  • GDP LIGHT ON.jpg
    GDP LIGHT ON.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 36
Ok thanks mate, would you recommend switching to the hps now (1-2weeks out from bloom) so they adjust beforehand or just wait for the 12/12 switch, they wilted a bit after an 18 hour cycle on the hps and there was no temperature issues would this just be light stress?47467685_1803031063141000_6982417896060223488_n.jpg
Probably not, I have seedlings under a 1000w light they love it, allbeit I have to cool the tent with a dedicated window ac unit and the electric bill gets up there

Back
Top Bottom