How Does it appear I am doing everything properly so far please advise

Purple Goose

As a first time medicinal grower I am really counting on my first crop being successful to some point mainly as my Dr has already had me weaning down on my other pain meds as well as anything else he finds pot offers relief for such as sleep problems and what not. So wanted to go over the basic info in my Log book for my grow which if you want can be viewed at my journal but I was really hoping to get the view point on a technical level on anything I should change if its possible.

First climat presently 72-74 degrees , will raise this to 76-79 level durning the day night temp is 68 degrees or when the day temp is raised the night temp will become 70.
Fresh air is provided by a 240cfm duct booster fan
Exhaust is thru the light hood a yield master 2 6" by 400cfm vortex fan exhausts into a carbon filter.
No Co2
Nutes I use GH micro ,Gh Bloom ,liquid kool bloom,flora nectar,molasses,florablen,prosilicate, calmax+ occasionally
median Promix BX its ph after being saturated for 7 days is 6.2

Nute solution 8micro/16bloom,5 liquidkoolbloom,2.5 prosilicate,10 floranectar 5 flora blend 5ml calmax per gal all measuments are meant to be in ml's so adding that now
Solution is ph'd to 6.5 and runoff is 6.2
I recently added 2 tblsps of dolomite to the top of all pots so ph will prolly come up a touch but from what I have read on promix and growing in it 6.2 ph is actually the best number to shoot for.

Anyways if anyone can think of anything that would improve this nute mix or way of mixing it differently please chime in.

Sounds good.

How many watts?

What size is the grow space and what size containers are you using?

If you have the fan pushing air through the carbon filter, it works much more efficiently to set things up so the fan is pulling through the filter rather than pushing.

Sounds good.

How many watts?

What size is the grow space and what size containers are you using?

If you have the fan pushing air through the carbon filter, it works much more efficiently to set things up so the fan is pulling through the filter rather than pushing.

Ooops yep I win the bonehead award for lack of pertinent info,,
My veg cycle and flower cycle are a little wierd for cuttings once they are rooted they receive 24/7 lighting under 2 200w cfl tubes for 2 weeks then are moved into the flower room for 1 more week under a 1000w MH and are then switched to 1k Hps.

For seedlings they are veged 24/7 as well for 3 weeks from the time they are fully emerged from the seed shell.

The veg space is 6 x 2 x 4 Lit by as mentioned 2 200w cfls one at 5000k the other at 6500k, The mother housing space is 6 x 2 x 4 lighting is a 4 bulb x 40watt T-12 flourescent , I plan on training my mothers into bonsai style.

The Flowering space is a little hard to visualize but Ill try to insert the layout I did using paint so dont expect it to be very perfect.
layout.png

Thats what I am tryin to determine as to if I would be better off using a bunch of smaller plants in 1.5gal pots just take cuttings and when they are about 6-8" tall put them to flower as I can fit in about 25 pots this size or to put in 10-12 plants that have been veged to about 12-18". Trying to make sure my 1000w light gets the best penetration possible the way I am thinking is to try and make sure that as much of the plant is fully flowered with no wasted half finished scraps at the bottom.

1000w HID penetrates pretty well, but I've seen some experienced growers who use them evolve to vegging to 12" max and then flipping in order to keep plants shorter, even with 1000w.

Sometimes it's pretty much a wash between more smaller plants versus fewer larger plants.

Either choice can outproduce the other if you maximize the parameters for each style.

For instance, if you only grow two plants instead of ten, you'd want to use large containers, at least 5 gal or so, to maximize the yield from just two plants.

Two large plants can yield very well, but so can 10 smaller ones if it's done right. I'd rather use larger containers and water less often, so I gravitate to fewer larger plants, but that's the only reason.

Back
Top Bottom