How does yield work?

StimpLedNoTill

So since different strains and phenos yield more/less than others, does that mean more light is needed to yield the same amount? Forget about training etc just want to know how par works in that regard. Will some strains get light stress/burn from 600-800 par or is it really only going over 1k+ without co2 that would do it? Thanks in advance for any input and hope I worded this well enough to understand.

Hey Stimp. I had to concentrate but I think I understand the question
:lot-o-toke:

The difference or limiting factor between strains isn’t usually the amount of light.
It relates more to basic differences in shape, size, density, flowering time, etc. The difference between a navel orange and a mandarin isn’t the amount of light. It’s genetic.

Some plants grow buds that are very dense or packed close together on the stem, or are very large.

Other plants grow very fluffy buds, or buds that are spread far apart upon the stem and take 16 weeks or more to finish flowering, etc, leading to small yields.

I find that light is more of a limiting factor in getting the buds to all ripen properly and finish well. It’s true that an underlit plant may not yield well. But you can’t take a light yielding strain and make it a heavy yielder just by cranking up the lights.

Quantity/quality are often contrary factors. Yield isn’t everything, by a long shot.

Back
Top Bottom