How many lights for how many plants?

watermonkey42

Hi everyone

I am planning on starting a grow to help provide my father with some medication. He is terminally ill with stage 4 brain cancer. The type of cancer he has is know as Glioblastoma multiforme (GBM), is the most common and deadliest of malignant primary brain tumors in adults. Cannabis is the only medication we have found that helps a lot of his symptoms without causing other worse symptoms. so any help anyone can give me is greatly appreciated more then you will ever know.

Now my question is about lighting. I don't know how many lights, what watts i should get for how many plants. i would like to grow some strong buds. I want to grow around 5-15 plants nothing crazy. Thank you to everyone that helps, and good luck.

Here are a couple links about lighting that may help you.
CFL's
Lighting Terms
Light cycles

My humble opinion is you can grow under as few or as many as you choice. It depends on grow height resttrictions and budget. :)

First step is figuring out how much space you can dedicate to growing. Actual growing space though, where plants will be placed. I say this because sometimes customers are growing in a 10x10 bedroom, but the actual growing space is 4x4.

Once you know how much space you can dedicate, you can determine how much lighting is needed. A general rule is:

2x2 = 250W
3x3 = 400W
4x4 = 600W
5x5 = 1000W

From here you can determine how many plants will fit in whatever space you go with. Keeping in mind the amount of space you have available may not equal the amount of money you can afford to invest.

If you want further help, check out our website and/or email me joey@perfectgardens.com

We can help you get setup, to get the medicine your father needs.

Thank you very much. The info you gave me will help a lot. i will check out your web site and might have some other questions, if so ill send you a email. again thank you

pj

Back
Top Bottom