How many patient's can a caregiver have

kickstart1227

i was told you could grow at the most a 100 plants at 6 plants a patient thats 19 patients i heard for a friend that he knows someone a caregiver that has 99 patients and growing 6 plants for each patient and denver wants to limit a caregiver to 5 patients i am confussed is there any limit on patients or plants right now in colorado ?

:thanks:

There's currently no limit to patient per CG. They tried to limit it to 5 patients per CG, but it was successfully shot down. They were trying to make it more important for your caregiver to have true patient/CG relationship with the patient. If you have 100+ patients in your care, you can't possibly know them all and how to accurately address their needs, right? It makes sense until you listen to the arguments presented against it. I would advise listening to others, and myself when your freedom could be involved. Here's the link to the CDPHE's website.
Statute 0-4-287
:peace:

You got to remember your playing with two sets of rules. The federal rules and the state rules. Federal rules state that 100 plants or more is a mandatory minimum of like 10 years in jail. Under 100 plants and the judge makes the decisions. Colorado however does not clearly define what the caregiver patient relationship is or has to be. So you can grow 6 plants for each patient, but when you hit 100 plus plants and the feds get involved it gets messy.

The state is only going to define what the industry has not. If the industry would be more responsible then the regulators will stay away.

Here's a good one for it,

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
---Reagan

I'm guessing we just passed the tax part, so now here comes the regulation.

I know one thing, NO matter what, I would not want to be the person looking at 25yrs and $500,000.00 fine for having more than 99 plants!
Would not, no way, no how!

I must add in RI this has already been addressed as follows:
In Rhode Island:

1. "Qualifying patients are allowed up to 12 plants "Flowering" and 12 seedlings "Not Floweing"'

2. "Caregivers may posess up to 12 plants for each qualifying patient"

3. "NO Caregiver can have more than five (5) qualifying patients in the registry"

4."Despite lines 2 & 3 No Caregiver shall be in posession of more than 24 plants"

I am sure the Colorado legislature will address this after either the US Attorney or DEA becomes involved with this same issue. At that point anyone who claims ignorance of this law is not protected from it and will forfeit homes, cash, equity, and all property used in the cultivation and manufacture of Marijuana or derived there from. In closing the candle is not worth the flame and proceed judiciously and with an attorney versed in Federal Drug and RICO Law. If you can afford 100 plants you for sure can afford the best legal counsel available to test Federal jurisdiction and ability to prosecute marijuans case law in a Medical Marijuana State. But do not try to raise an affirmitive defense the judge will not allow the jurors to even hear it. You need look no furhther than FCI Englewood, FCC Florence and CCM Denver, all Federal Prisons or Federal Detention and Care facilities, in your home State of Colorado.

In Colorado you can have as many patients as you like, at this time! The Plant Count you can have goes like this, 15 Patients plus yourself, 16x6 = 96 plants. So, you can have as many patients as you like but don't ever go over the "100 plant" rule!
I was told by a Caregiver, that I know personally, who talked to a lawyer about this very topic, the advise given was this, until the law changes on this, don't exceed this limit. I think this is pretty good advise.
Also this Caregiver said that if you run your operation, as a actual caregiver, 16-20 patients is about all one person can handle by themselves as the care required for this amount of patients and botanicals becomes the equivalent of a part to full time job.
He also runs a "Horticultural Consulting" firm from 10 to 6 Mon-Fri. As far as I know he is a one man operation which makes him one busy guy! This kind of dedication to the patient is exactly what I like to see coming from this industry as this will help to bolster our efforts in this fight to save humanity! :bravo:

The Dynamite Guy - Ain't Life A Blast?!

Back
Top Bottom