How many plants can I veg under 250w HPS? I will be flowering with a 400w HPS

Rkelly496

So 3x3 area 4 plants currently thinking of putting 8 in there, 4 photos 4 autos

Veg the photos until the autos have been chopped there in 11l pots.

Do u recon a 250w hps for veg will be suitable? Then I will turn the 400w on when the autos start to flower

How many plants can I veg under 250w hps?

For the growth phase, I wouldn't use a 250-watt HPS to light a space larger than 8⅓ square feet. That assumes a high-quality bulb (e.g., Eye Hortilux brand), a decent reflector that is well matched to the bulb, and a garden space that both matches the size/shape of the light's coverage area and has very reflective walls (e.g., Orca Film, properly prepped / primed / painted with flat or eggshell finish super bright (titanium?) white paint, et cetera).

These days, I wouldn't grow cannabis at a plant density that's higher than four per square foot - so, with that having been stated... A 250-watt HPS, as per above, is capable of adequately illuminating anywhere from one to approximately 33 plants in the growth phase. This answer is a range instead one number because a grow light does not illuminate plants, it illuminates a volume of space; how many plants get placed into that space is up to the gardener.

As above, a 250-watt HPS is... I'd want a little more light for growth phase in a nine-square foot garden space. Especially if it's actually a 10.5625 ft.2 space (IOW, a square meter). Any particular reason you're not already using the 400-watt HPS in that space? It'd work fine for the growth phase in such a space, and also for flowering auotflowering cannabis plants. For flowering photoperiodic cannabis plants in such a space, a 600-watt HPS would be great.

EDIT: That fixture will work in that area, it's just below what many would consider the practical minimum for cannabis.

For the growth phase, I wouldn't use a 250-watt HPS to light a space larger than 8⅓ square feet. That assumes a high-quality bulb (e.g., Eye Hortilux brand), a decent reflector that is well matched to the bulb, and a garden space that both matches the size/shape of the light's coverage area and has very reflective walls (e.g., Orca Film, properly prepped / primed / painted with flat or eggshell finish super bright (titanium?) white paint, et cetera).

These days, I wouldn't grow cannabis at a plant density that's higher than four per square foot - so, with that having been stated... A 250-watt HPS, as per above, is capable of adequately illuminating anywhere from one to approximately 33 plants in the growth phase. This answer is a range instead one number because a grow light does not illuminate plants, it illuminates a volume of space; how many plants get placed into that space is up to the gardener.

As above, a 250-watt HPS is... I'd want a little more light for growth phase in a nine-square foot garden space. Especially if it's actually a 10.5625 ft.2 space (IOW, a square meter). Any particular reason you're not already using the 400-watt HPS in that space? It'd work fine for the growth phase in such a space, and also for flowering auotflowering cannabis plants. For flowering photoperiodic cannabis plants in such a space, a 600-watt HPS would be great.
The Brain!

EDIT: That fixture will work in that area, it's just below what many would consider the practical minimum for cannabis.
As I'm using a 3x3 or 80cmx80cm I thought to save energy I would use the 250w to veg the plants u till the 4 autos showed signs of flowering then switch to the 400whps, my idea is to have 4 photos and 4 autos in 12L pots Fabric of course

3x3 grow tent/ 80x80x160, I wanted to use the 250 to save electric and then switch to the 400w during flowering I had an idea of running 8 plants total 4 autos 4 photos veg the photos for 2months then flip to flower (of course toping and lst (

I would do one in a bigger pot. Im too old to mess around with a bunch of little plants. Watering all the damn time, terrible..lol..just one would be perfect in a 10 gallon imo:passitleft:
Just easier and bigger flowers

Lockdpwn has got me bored so I don't mind watering every other day ect it interesting to learn

Back
Top Bottom