Can I use an MH bulb in a fixture I bought for HPS?

Reetafour

I bought a 400W HPS for flowering, butnow I've harvested and have a couple of little plants still in veg, can I simply replace the HPS bulb with an MH bulb? I am doing this beciase I believe that I'll get better results in using MH than my current cfl setup.

It all depends upon your ballast. If you have a digi ballast it might be switchable between hps & mh. If you have a magnetic hps ballast then no you can't run a standard MH bulb. You can run a Ceramic Metal Halide with a mag hps ballast.

I bought a 400W HPS for flowering, butnow I've harvested and have a couple of little plants still in veg, can I simply replace the HPS bulb with an MH bulb? I am doing this beciase I believe that I'll get better results in using MH than my current cfl setup.
No, not unless its a switchable ballast.

No reason you can't just veg them under the HPS. It's not optimal, but it will work fine.

you may use a CMH or ceramic metal hailide in a HPS if its a magnetic ballast. I think there may be some specialty bulbs regular MH that fit HPS systems but they are marked/advertized for such operation.

Back
Top Bottom