how many plants

Growin420

How many plants can i flower on a 400 watt hps in a room that is 5 feet tall/ 6 feet long / 4 1/2 wide? im trying to grow as many as possible.

9 would be great but how tall of plants are you saying?

If they are clones 9 would be perfectly alright but I would go with 5-6 each at a foot- 2 feet tall. Lighting will work a lot better with 6 plants or less because each plant will be able to get more than enough light to support overall good growth. It all depends if your starting from seed or not, the strain, how large you plan to grow them and also the type of reflector your going to use. Good luck man, hope this info helped. :allgood:

Good strains, clones, and pruning technique can let you do as many as 4 colas per foot (be that 4 on 1 plant, or one big cola on 4 plants). But I think it takes a lot of practice to get that good. :p

I'm going to try it as 9 single cola plants in my 400w hps flowering cabinet. The first grow was 3 plants with like 6 small to large colas each, and it got crowded and ended up having to LST everyone to getreally good light distribution. Next time, however, are the clones of these 3 females, so I know exactly what they might be looking like..so I think it just might work 3-4 per foot...we'll see.

There are variables but its safe to say, you will get between 5-9 plants depending on said variables...

This is a department that you end up playing by ear, more than relying on a set pattern to determine growth. Try 5 or 6 just to play it safe, begin budding when they reach about 1/4 as tall as the given space. If by the end you have some room left, next time do 7, or whatever that space will support. Alot depends on strain, species..temprature...nutrients, light, quality of light etc. theres no way to guess just based on the room size.

well id say if your starting from seed.. start with 9 or so because you never know what could happen. but i think 6 plants are more likely your best bet.. peace

Back
Top Bottom