How much CBD oil would one pound of mid grade CBD flower make?

Phillybonker

I can't find anything on google to help me work out how much CBD oil would one pound of mid grade CBD flower make?

Anyone know how to work that out?

I can't find anything on google to help me work out how much CBD oil would one pound of mid grade CBD flower make?

Anyone know how to work that out?
Depends how strong you want it. I was using 2oz per batch in the MB machine, so I was getting 8 lbs butter(or oil) for every lb of hemp flower.

That's a lot of cannabutter.

I want it this strong....

3000mg Full Spectrum CBD Oil Tincture (60mL)

If you have a MB machine, you can get tinctures pretty strong.
The infused oil comes out at 2-3000mg per 1/2 cup, I imagine tincture could really get it concentrated. I have seen some based in everclear/alcohol but I don’t have those recipes (I don’t drink either)
I used coconut oil for anything that was going into food, grapeseed oil is better for lotions.

I’ll just add as a side note from someone who has made a lot of oil and edibles- the oil the comes in a lot of products is from industrial hemp. Barely even strong enough for the dog. But make your own from mid grade CBD flower and you will get the full intended effect of CBD, and for way cheaper

hey, i'm not so experienced in oil making, tell me is it worth it? and how much money i'll spend on equipment in average?

I think there's often confusion when talking about cannabis oil.

Many of the commercial products extract the actual oil from the plant material in a concentrated form via CO2 extraction or something so they are left with a super concentrated oil, much like RSO is pure oil.

Most of us home growers don't have the fancy equipment and so extract (and therefore dilute) the cannabinoid oils into a carrier oil like olive and grape and the concentrations of that type are much lower and limited to the amount of flower one can soak in the oil because they are diluted by the carrier oil.

I find I can get a max of about 2 grams of cured, chopped up flower per tablespoon of olive oil, and depending on how well you can squeeze the oil out of the material at the end, you can recover about 85% of the oil you started with.

There are 2 tablespoons per ounce and 3 teaspoons per tablespoon or 6 teaspoons per ounce.

Sooooo, for a 15% strain I can get 4 grams of flower (4,000 milligrams) into an ounce of oil.
4,000 x .15 x .85 = 510 mg of cannabinoids per ounce. 510/6 = 85 mg per teaspoon or about 10.625 mg per 1/8 teaspoon, and about a third as strong as you stated you want (60ml = about 2 oz, so my 510mg per ounce compared to the 1500mg per 30ml you stated above)

CBD is often recommended by doctors to be taken at much higher doses than THC (like 10x in many cases), but the above calculations can give you an idea of what you're working with.

Assuming you were talking in this post about making oil you can eat, not hash or shatter.

These cheap CBD supplements you can buy through the mail are not using expensive CO2 extraction or making RSO/BHO with it. They take acres worth of hemp trash and squeeze it. The liquid that comes out is sold as pure CBD but has very little medicinal value. So that 2500mg could just be 2.5 grams of liquid from stems and shit put into a tincture.
When you make infused oil from dried, cured flower, your result is completely different.

The infused oil comes out at 2-3000mg per 1/2 cup, I imagine tincture could really get it concentrated. I have seen some based in everclear/alcohol but I don’t have those recipes (I don’t drink either)
I used coconut oil for anything that was going into food, grapeseed oil is better for lotions.
I assume MB machine is a magical butter machine according to google. How much mid grade CBD flower would it take to make half a cup (125ml) do you estimate?

I think there's often confusion when talking about cannabis oil.

Many of the commercial products extract the actual oil from the plant material in a concentrated form via CO2 extraction or something so they are left with a super concentrated oil, much like RSO is pure oil.

Most of us home growers don't have the fancy equipment and so extract (and therefore dilute) the cannabinoid oils into a carrier oil like olive and grape and the concentrations of that type are much lower and limited to the amount of flower one can soak in the oil because they are diluted by the carrier oil.

I find I can get a max of about 2 grams of cured, chopped up flower per tablespoon of olive oil, and depending on how well you can squeeze the oil out of the material at the end, you can recover about 85% of the oil you started with.

There are 2 tablespoons per ounce and 3 teaspoons per tablespoon or 6 teaspoons per ounce.

Sooooo, for a 15% strain I can get 4 grams of flower (4,000 milligrams) into an ounce of oil.
4,000 x .15 x .85 = 510 mg of cannabinoids per ounce. 510/6 = 85 mg per teaspoon or about 10.625 mg per 1/8 teaspoon, and about a third as strong as you stated you want (60ml = about 2 oz, so my 510mg per ounce compared to the 1500mg per 30ml you stated above)

CBD is often recommended by doctors to be taken at much higher doses than THC (like 10x in many cases), but the above calculations can give you an idea of what you're working with.

I don't understand those calculations, maths is not my strong point. I think you are saying that 4 grams of flower will make 510mg per 30ml?

I don't understand those calculations, maths is not my strong point. I think you are saying that 4 grams of flower will make 510mg per 30ml?
Right. 30 ml is almost exactly an ounce.

So, pretty easy to scale up your example from my 4 grams to your 453 grams, or about 113 times more. 30 ml x 113 = 3,390 ml or roughly three and a third liters.

Then, we can calculate the stregth of your oil based on the strength of your strain.

Yeah, that's close to the numbers I showed in my example. 1/2 cup = 4 oz
2,000 mg per 4 oz = 500 mg per oz
3,000 mg per 4 oz = 750 mg per oz

But still depends on the strength of your buds. In my example I used a 15% strain for the calculations.

Right. 30 ml is almost exactly an ounce.

So, pretty easy to scale up your example from my 4 grams to your 453 grams, or about 113 times more. 30 ml x 113 = 3,390 ml or roughly three and a third liters.

Then, we can calculate the stregth of your oil based on the strength of your strain.
So just to be clear, if 4 grams of flower will make 510ml per 30ml then 8 grams of flower will make 510ml per 60ml?

So just to be clear, if 4 grams of flower will make 510ml per 30ml then 8 grams of flower will make 510ml per 60ml?
No. It's 510 milli grams of thc (or cbd in your case) per ounce or 30 ml. If you double the amount of flower, you double the canbabinoids but also double the olive oil so the concentration per unit stays the same as you scale it up. So, 1,020 mg in 60 ml's which is the same strength as 510 in the 30 ml's.

That's the most I've been able to get into the olive oil, though if I chopped it up in a blender it could probably be more. I gave you the calculation based on one unit, ounces in my case. So, every four grams of flower extracted into 1 ounce of oil will have 510 grams of cannabinoids for consumption assuming a 15% sttain.

Your starting material will have a certain amount of cannabinoids in them and what you use to extract them will determine how potent your unit of medicine is.

The strongest is obviously rso since the resulting oil is exclusively the straight cannabinoids with very little loss. If you extract the cannabinoids in another oil Iike olive, grape, etc or vegetable glycerin, you'll have more volume of final product but still the same amount of total cannabinoids (less actually because some of the cannabinoids remain in the source material after you squeeze it out).

So, those are the numbers for every 4 grams. Your 1 pound is 453 grams, or 113 of the 4 gram units.

depends on CBD content of the flower, the extraction method used, and the efficiency of the extraction process. on average, mid-grade CBD flower might have around 10-15% CBD content.

Back
Top Bottom