How much light is necessary for 10 clones (6-10")

Pussologist

So I have 2 600watt grow hoods MH/HPS.

Should I have the hoods about 30"-40" from the tops? Maybe just 1 600 watt on all 10 clones to start them out.

I don't want to kill/shock my new clones

1200 watts is too much! In flower, you'd want that, but not in veg. Keep it 24"- 30" above the top of your tallest plant. You'll need to raise the light as they grow.

for newly cut clones, less than say a week old, all thats needed, is to be in a dome, with a single small cfl. thats it. and, for the first few days, i put the light off to the side. the babies are tender now. they dont need to be forced to use the light. they have no roots, to keep up, after all. after a few days of this, i move em under the single cfl. i do most of my cloneing., directly into soiless that has been pre soaked. small, 3 inch pots. this way, they can have a home, to get real roots down! without haveing to transplant em too soon. after a couple of weeks, i give me a tiny bit of nutes. most do fine. different streins, are finiky to different degrees. i have had a few, that are really hard to grow! others, like jack herer, ww, god, or many skunks, seem to take right off. i generally dont keep hard to clone streins. not worth it.

for newly cut clones, less than say a week old, all thats needed, is to be in a dome, with a single small cfl. thats it. and, for the first few days, i put the light off to the side. the babies are tender now. they dont need to be forced to use the light. they have no roots, to keep up, after all. after a few days of this, i move em under the single cfl. i do most of my cloneing., directly into soiless that has been pre soaked. small, 3 inch pots. this way, they can have a home, to get real roots down! without haveing to transplant em too soon. after a couple of weeks, i give me a tiny bit of nutes. most do fine. different streins, are finiky to different degrees. i have had a few, that are really hard to grow! others, like jack herer, ww, god, or many skunks, seem to take right off. i generally dont keep hard to clone streins. not worth it.

Well I am getting clones that are rooted and planning on putting ten of them under 1 600 watt MH. Then switching them to 1200 watts after a few weeks.

Don't you think that will work?

Back
Top Bottom