How much water to give my plant?

weezyftony

i have a plant about 3 weeks into flowering its about 3 feet tall my question is and probably a little late but how much water is good enough to give it.

as of now i give about 300 ml every other day but am noticing the soil absorbs the waterer very quickly and is always dry. should i give water every day or keep on this schedule.

another thing to note is sometimes the soil is moist and when you water it takes maybe 15-25 seconds for the water to seek into the plant but thats not the case here the soil is dry and water goes right down.

all help appreciated thanks guys

The best way to do it is to note how long it takes until the soil dries out, and the plant starts to droop. Depending on the pot size, they need a lot of water, especially if its hot and dry. Its best when your watering to start off by giving them a good soaking. And notice how the plant " feels". If its 100 degrees out than you might need to give it a little water every day or 2. But generally, during flowering its best to limit the amount of water it gets, without depriving it of water. Limited watering during flowering ( once a week if possible) can lead to more potent cannabis.

Also, it might not be dry actually, you need to stick your finger in about 1-2 inches to tell if its moist beneath the top layer. And better yet, if you have one of those gardening meters from any garden store it measures moisture content, pH, and amount of sunlight, they're cheap too.

Best way to is react to the needs of your plant, don't water when you feel like it. But a good soaking, and letting it dry out over a longer period may be better than just 300 mL everyday.

I have a 7 foot plant in a 5 gallon pot, it needs a LOT of water because its hot and dry. I typically give it about 5 gallons when I feed/water.

Best of Luck, and Happy Growing!:420:

~RL

5 gallons damn yea my plant is in a pretty big pot i would say about 3-4 gallons not as big as a 5 gallon thanks for the tip on sticking your finger in the see the soil thats why i love this site someone always gives me great information i think tomorrow i will soak it good and let it ride then test the soil thanks bro. ill be posing pictures next week for advice on how much longer till harvest ill make sure to send you one thanks.

You want to use enough water so you see run-off coming from the bottom of the pots. Some people have different preferences and will give different numbers as to the percentage of run-off you need to see.

I just recommend getting a good stream of water coming out of the bottom so you know you're watering enough. Re-water when soil feels dry, not the top of the soil, put your finger in it about 2 inches or so.

The other good way to do it is to lift the pot that it's in. If it feels really light, it's time to let her drink. My outdoor diesel plant is in week three of flower and she's getting watered every three days. Works perfect. After watering, I lift the pot and it's heavy. Three days later, like clockwork, she's light and airy. Half gallon of water gets her good.

Back
Top Bottom