How old is my plant?

User43

I know its a dumb question. But on about 3/8/20 I started germination. on 3/12/20 I put it into a tent under small light.

So its 3/27/20 and im wondering what age to consider my plant for nutrient guidelines.

Do you start counting as of the first day under a light? Is the that first week under a light considered the veg week 1?

I obviously smoke too much

No time frame can tell you how much nutes to use. My current grow I started at 1/2 strength nutes right off the bat. Within 2 weeks I was doing 4g/gal of megacrop and now my plants are max nutrients.

Just go ahead, give em 1/4 nute if your very scared, or go 1/2 strengthens see how they handle it. Increase and decrease as your plant tells you
Im using hydroguard which doesnt really matter plant age. Natures nectar (pure nitrogen supposedly?) and Fox Farm Big Bloom. Both the big bloom and Natures nectar had suggested uses for seedlings and i nearly gave it the full dose.

S/he seems healthy, ive upped it to a 5 gallon bucket dwc from the first little bubbler. With 3 gallons water I used
4ml Natures Nectar (instead of suggested 6ml) and 3 tablespoons Big Bloom (full dose).

Ive attached some photos. Do you think i should increase dosage?

Attachments

• FemalePlzzz.jpg
    FemalePlzzz.jpg
    817 KB · Views: 92
  • FemalePlzzzz.jpg
    FemalePlzzzz.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 93
Soon as the seedling goes into the dirt 1/4 nutes, within 2 weeks 2/3 strength then notch it up to 5/6 until the first sign of flower then full nutes.

Soon as the seedling goes into the dirt 1/4 nutes, within 2 weeks 2/3 strength then notch it up to 5/6 until the first sign of flower then full nutes. I think its pretty hard to overdue it with ff BB as its organic
I like ur feeding schedule!! Start low user 43 to make sure seedlings can tolerate an increase as things progress. I do 1/4, 1/2, then nearly full dose (similar to Apoc)..work my way up to tht full dose within 3 or 4 weeks or so. Ohhhhh, shit..I jus now saw tht u moved it to dwc..hmmm..not my forte lol Emilya is very knowledgeable an knows her shit maybe she will chime in w some advice

I like ur feeding schedule!! Start low user 43 to make sure seedlings can tolerate an increase as things progress. I do 1/4, 1/2, then nearly full dose (similar to Apoc)..work my way up to tht full dose within 3 or 4 weeks or so. Ohhhhh, shit..I jus now saw tht u moved it to dwc..hmmm..not my forte lol Emilya is very knowledgeable an knows her shit maybe she will chime in w some advice

Well i said 4/6ml but truthfully i started with just 1ml, but added 1ml more each day for 3 days following. Im thinking of going up to the full 6 already, 1 ml per day again. I dont see any signs of nutrient burn but im a nooby for the most part. Minimal experience helping friends, but doing what youre told isnt anywhere near the same as making decisions.

Well i said 4/6ml but truthfully i started with just 1ml, but added 1ml more each day for 3 days following. Im thinking of going up to the full 6 already, 1 ml per day again. I dont see any signs of nutrient burn but im a nooby for the most part. Minimal experience helping friends, but doing what youre told isnt anywhere near the same as making decisions.
Very true. So ur in dwc now correct?

Im sure you already deduced by the blurple shaded pictures that im using very cheap shitty LED lights, ballin on a budget.

Anything's better thn nothin brother. I've not done dwc, but I start counting the first day of veg if ur lookin for a time period type thing

Anything's better thn nothin brother. I've not done dwc, but I start counting the first day of veg if ur lookin for a time period type thing
What do you consider the first day of veg? First day under 18/6(or more)
Ive been reading articles talking about the seedling stage being a few weeks, but are those part of veg?

What do you consider the first day of veg? First day under 18/6(or more)
Ive been reading articles talking about the seedling stage being a few weeks, but are those part of veg?
No, seedling stage thn veg starts..an yea ur right seedling phase roughly lasts bout as long as u quoted. Are u wonderin because u want to gauge the plant's harvest time on length of time in its age or....

If ur seeing no nute burn or any problems thn u can up ur dosage, but do so sparingly I wouldn't want u to over-nute. Always better to under-feed just a lil thn adjust ur dosage accordingly than overfeed an burn ur babies imo. Emilya was on to something an I think u can start feeding in hydro sooner and at a higher level thn if was in soil

Im using hydroguard which doesnt really matter plant age. Natures nectar (pure nitrogen supposedly?) and Fox Farm Big Bloom. Both the big bloom and Natures nectar had suggested uses for seedlings and i nearly gave it the full dose.

S/he seems healthy, ive upped it to a 5 gallon bucket dwc from the first little bubbler. With 3 gallons water I used
4ml Natures Nectar (instead of suggested 6ml) and 3 tablespoons Big Bloom (full dose).

Ive attached some photos. Do you think i should increase dosage?
Ths pic looks like ur in the beginning of veg imo

No, seedling stage thn veg starts..an yea ur right seedling phase roughly lasts bout as long as u quoted. Are u wonderin because u want to gauge the plant's harvest time on length of time in its age or....
Yea, I know i have to be patient but i think if i know roughly when i have to wait til, it will somehow be easier?
This self quarantine is making time pass realllllly slowly lol. Though now i can check and make sure nothings going wrong or balance ph several times throughout the day instead of just before work and before bed.

I think I will call Sunda day 1 of week 1 of veg then for journal. Any good tips for a program or something for journal?
Ive been keeping a text document trying to write what i do each day and i know its a shitty journal, gotta be a better method lol.

Shit I havent even started a journal on my babies, but need to. Just dont overthink it bro. From the info I've gathered ur doin a really good job. An yea..stayin in the house gives us a lot o time to research an take care o our babies. In my journals I jus write down what nutes I give an on what days, the height, the ph of my water/feeding, an my ppm to determine the strength of my feedings, etc. An you've got plenty o time b4 u will have to start worrying about when to switch to bloom nutes an when to harvest. I have a pocket microscope tht I use to examine the trichomes on my buds to determine the proper harvest time. It's hard sometimes I certainly know, but like u mentioned..patience is the key!! Jus keep doin what ur doin..give it time..an things will definitely come out the way u want!!

Back
Top Bottom