How to prepare outdoor soil for growing

reidy2018

420 Member
Hi I would like some knowledge on how to prepare the soil for a nice grow what to put in the soil and and best places for a outdoor guerilla grow location and a watering way so I Dont need to water as much thanks

I would suggest testing your native soil PH first of all & once that is done we may be able to suggest amendments to alter PH if needed.

You should find cheap liquid PH test kits in most garden stores etc.

Structure of soil aka whether it is clay based or a sandy loam may require further work as clay holds moisture & sandy loam's are free draining so that might be a issue for watering...

OK thanks I'll get a ph tester and test some natural soil around to see what is the best pH I can find should be a could location to put a few in what size hole should I dig I'm just having a guess here should a hole be around 20 liter drum size to my soil can I add dolomite , super phosphate , trace elements , urea , add nematode question about nematode treatment how can I find this to buy some , should them ingredients in soil be enough ,

What information get on this site about scientific data or a scientist reports about what to add in soil what cannabis needs to grow throughout its life cycle

You will ideally be looking at PH between 6 & 7 for growing most types of plants.

Dolomite lime is around PH 7 this is added to soils which are acidic in nature aka below PH 6 to help raise the PH level, it gets slightly technical (dosage) when the you have heavy clay acidic soils as they can be tough to buffer the PH value.

Super phosphate is mainly p-phosphorous which helps support root growth also plays a part in flowering as well but the use of it suggest an application every 4 to 6 weeks.

Nematode ? perhaps mycorrhiza fungi some people like to use that.

Nope i'd more likely not worry about copper you might just freak some peeps out with that suggestion !

I may think of using some form off well rotted manure this will offer low N/P/K values as well of a host of micro nutrients & humus this will aid in moisture retention around the plants as it breaks down through the composition it will release humic & fulvic acids getting bottled stuff is expensive tho.

Seaweed products are very nice for micro nutrients as it contains aprox two-thirds of periodic table of elements also a nice soil conditioner helping to improve the microorganism culture.

Failing that their are some types of rock dusts volcanic & others which offer lots of elements etc but these take a long time to break down for the plants to use but may seem worthless in the short term of a gorilla grow in less you going to use the same site time & time again to reap the benefits.

Check some of these links out you may find some answers along the way.

How to Grow Cannabis - Everything You Need to Know!

Organic Gardening

Outdoor Growing

Back
Top Bottom