Preparing 2nd Grow

NewbieRick

420 Member
My wife and I are preparing for our 2nd grow. We plan are starting seedlings in cups. Is there a way to prevent any type of “soil shock” when we transfer to our permanent pots??

My wife and I are preparing for our 2nd grow. We plan are starting seedlings in cups. Is there a way to prevent any type of “soil shock” when we transfer to our permanent pots??
Hey Rick hope your having a good day.
Glad you have a grow partner.
I find once the solo cup is full of roots I can gently slip it out and into a pre-made hole shaped like the cup.
Without any issues.
If you are worried about burning then just surround the cup in some cheep weak soil.
A little mycorrhizae helps.
Hope your garden is great. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill

Is there a way to prevent any type of “soil shock” when we transfer to our permanent pots??
I find once the solo cup is full of roots I can gently slip it out and into a pre-made hole shaped like the cup.
Without any issues.
If you are worried about burning then just surround the cup in some cheep weak soil.
A little mycorrhizae helps.

What Bill284 brings up is one way of preventing problems.

I do not look at it as "soil shock". More likely the grower has to worry about shock caused by extremely rough handling and root damage that might be caused while transplanting. If the plant is healthy when starting the transplanting it often will handle just about anything.

A little confidence that the grower has the transplanting under control will go a long way.;)

Back
Top Bottom