New grower need some advice! Lighting and soil

empath

Hi everyone !

I have successfully grown twice before posting this but I ran into few issues which I need some advice on !

My lights are dead and I need new light for my indoor tent 400w perhaps ? Where can I source the best led full spectrum lights out there any good source.

2nd my soil mixture in the past wasn't that great because I didn't prepare it properly it was premixed soil with peatmoss and pearlites and that's it. I used local nutis and leaves wasn't look too happy. I tried searching the forums for the best way to prepare the medium mychroizer nutis before seeding just basic soil preparation and couldn't find an answer any tips would be appreciated ! Also whats the best ppm ec reading should be ?

Thanks alot!

Hi everyone !

I have successfully grown twice before posting this but I ran into few issues which I need some advice on !

My lights are dead and I need new light for my indoor tent 400w perhaps ? Where can I source the best led full spectrum lights out there any good source.

2nd my soil mixture in the past wasn't that great because I didn't prepare it properly it was premixed soil with peatmoss and pearlites and that's it. I used local nutis and leaves wasn't look too happy. I tried searching the forums for the best way to prepare the medium mychroizer nutis before seeding just basic soil preparation and couldn't find an answer any tips would be appreciated ! Also whats the best ppm ec reading should be ?

Thanks alot!

For your first question, we have a few light sponsors on the board that get great reviews and have great grow journals. Viparspectra and Mars Hydro are the two main ones a lot of folks use. I’m sure satisfied users will jump in this conversation once they see it.

For your second questions.. I’m not sure what you’re asking in regard to soil preparation for “mychroizer nutis”.. I can’t find any information on that phrase. As far as ppm/ec goes that is dependent on your medium, nutrients, and grow style. Some folks push hundreds of PPMs using their nutrient systems. In my super soil I use 50 ppms constantly throughout the whole grow except for the first 2 weeks of sprout. My compost teas barely exceed this as well and usually hover in the 50-85 range.

For your first question, we have a few light sponsors on the board that get great reviews and have great grow journals. Viparspectra and Mars Hydro are the two main ones a lot of folks use. I’m sure satisfied users will jump in this conversation once they see it.

For your second questions.. I’m not sure what you’re asking in regard to soil preparation for “mychroizer nutis”.. I can’t find any information on that phrase. As far as ppm/ec goes that is dependent on your medium, nutrients, and grow style. Some folks push hundreds of PPMs using their nutrient systems. In my super soil I use 50 ppms constantly throughout the whole grow except for the first 2 weeks of sprout. My compost teas barely exceed this as well and usually hover in the 50-85 range.
Hi there ! Thanks for your feedback it was really helpful sorry for the typo i was referring to Mycorrhizal and which nutritious to premix the soil with before implementing the seedling .. also I wanted to know which the best light size for my 180x90cm tent works best from seedling till harvest.

Thanks

my soil mixture in the past wasn't that great because I didn't prepare it properly it was premixed soil with peatmoss and pearlites and that's it.
Nothing wrong with that type of soil mixture. The most common formula or recipe for quality potting soils will start off with 1/3 compost, 1/3 peat moss and 1/3 Perlite. It is the basic and has been for well over 150 years.

If you look up "super soil" you will notice that even the most well known super soil recipes for growing Marijuana are based on that recipe. Most popular recipes are Coots Super Soil and also look at Sub-Cools Super Soil. Often many times the recipes are for larger amounts so be ready to convert the size or amounts to match how much you want to make.

Then the person making the soil will customize it by adding one or more of the common amendments or extras. These can include worm castings, Kelp Meal, activated biochar, Neem Meal, crustacean meal or shrimp meal, Azomite, Basalt, Langbenite, oyster shells, Lobster Shell Meal, and Crab Meal. It is not necessary to try to add all of them. I am just listing some of the most common amendments I see others mentioning.

You did not finish filling out the "About" section of your profile so I do not know where you are so I can't make suggestions on what might be available in your part of the world or suggest who to ask.

Hi everyone !

Thanks alot!
What kind of soil do you want? I do a living soil mix with mycorzye and a mix of organic nutrients from KIS and my own worm castings I mix 1/2 to 3/4 reg size bag of kis mix with 4 - 5 gallons of my own worm castings and pro mix HP that makes about 30 gallons of soil water to field capacity which is 80 mb soil tension check pH at a range of about 6.6/6.9 if you need to raise pH use AG lime it works the quickest or sulfur for down and mix once a day for about a week and recheck pH and plant I use a mix of Bio char,insect frass ,bone meal and fish meal as well but you can skip that for a simple mix hope this help a little on your soil oh by the way you can reuse that soil over and over again just follow the directions on the bag

IMG_20230627_130233.jpg

The soils where I live is very basic.. I need a good sponsor or place to order veg state nutis the cleaner and organic the better
Either fill in your profile or tell us where you are at. We do not need the address or anything like that but knowing the area and or country means we can try to give info that is specific to there.

Soils and nutrients are not always available in every country and it can start to confuse things if we recommend something you cannot get.

Back
Top Bottom