How to recover from over fertilzation?

Famine

My first grow,

Growing purple kush from BCseedking.com 6 weeks old in Veg.
In soilless mix.

Using DNF gro nutes plus some black and gold.

I definitely over fertilized them. (Too much gro A and B) All of the fan leaves are a deep dark green, very dry and crumbly and drooping. Some have dark burn marks coming through. I have lost a number of fan leaves so far.

I am sure now that I mixed the solution wrong. Typical Newbie mistake.

So they have all been flushed twice and are now on straight water.
I Ph balance every drop of water I use to approx 6.0

My question is now what?
I have read that I can expect a poor yield from these 6 plants and regardless of the new growth I may get, the leaf damage and especially root damage is permanent.

As this is my first crop I would like to get as much as I can out of it while I start the 2nd crop. (I am so done with buying weed)

So far what I have done is flushed x2, cut off some big, droopy, damaged fan leaves so the light can penetrate to whatever new young growth there is under the canopy.

They are still on 400HPS + 4 3' T5's

I was planning on taking 2 clones from each plant this week. 1 for backup/2nd crop, and 1 for keeping until after harvest when I identify the plant I want as mom.
Then switch to 12/12

Can I still successfully clone a damaged plant 6 weeks from seed? I see a lot of lower branches that like good clone candidates. They don't appear too damaged.

Is there any point to picking a mom as they are all damaged to some degree and I wont be able to pick the best one?

Is there anything else I can do to help the plants recover?
Should I wait longer before I attempt to clone or flower?

Any advice appreciated.

Famine

I'd try to salvage some for mothers. It may not be worth the headache of trying to baby your plants through flowering after being heavily damaged. Cut them back and keep them under veg lights. As long as they aren't completely dead they'll eventually recover. Although, if the damage is really heavy it may be quicker just to start fresh.

If you want to take cuttings go for it. Each shoot has its own region of cell division so if the bottom branches look fine they are clonable.

gl

Back
Top Bottom