How To Sacre Deer with Mouse traps

Been having some problems with deer munching on my plants. I tried piss,hair and a few others things which did not seem to work to well.

I bought a bunch of mouse traps. I then layed lose sticks and grass around my plants. I set the traps and set them upside down on the lose sticks around my plants.

I have had no more problems. I find some of the traps set off everytime I go to my plants. The deer must set the traps off and get scared and run off.

Just wanted to post what has been working for me.

If you have dogs that will do the trick. Im suprised the urine didn't work. I have problems with birds eating my buds.I had thirty plants and they all got eatn and left me with stems

If you have dogs that will do the trick. Im suprised the urine didn't work. I have problems with birds eating my buds.I had thirty plants and they all got eatn and left me with stems

Perhaps they were Elk and not Deer. Regardless they stopped eating my plants.

What kind of bird eats a plant to the stem? That would really suck.

What kind of bird eats a plant to the stem? That would really suck.

I find that question very funny dirtfarmer...very odd a bird would do that!? If so what kind? Just leaving you with stems!!... DrTentgrow Please give examples of a deer possibly be hurt from a mouse trap upside down under leaves?! Just wondering. ;) dirtfarmer I think that a awesome idea!! Lovely monsters you have!! TY :roorrip::peace:

i'm surprized that i've not heard of this method before. it makes perfect sense and its cheap and easy. it would be great for veggie & flower gardeners too. they might get used to it eventually though and deer are very curious creatures.

i don't think mouse traps could injure a deers hooves.

What kind of bird eats a plant to the stem?
a very happy one :cool:

Sheeeeeit.......obviously not a country boy.:;):

I am kinda new so i didnt want to say much.Hell Dear around here go in the
freezer .LOL

Thats a good idea about the traps hell Dear get used to anything soap hair
were i live they are so thick them fuckers came up to the house and ate
the ol Lady's flowers .Talk about pissed.LOL

What kind of bird eats a plant to the stem?

An ostrich with a mad case of the munchies? (Well it's got a case now:rofl:.)

If you have dogs that will do the trick.

Maybe if the dog is new or one of the more aggressive and territorial breeds. My neighbor lets his golden retriever out, it scents a deer, chases it for a while, then gets bored and lays down in the sun. A while later you'll see the deer 30 yards away completely ignoring the dog.

Dear get used to anything soap hair

Exactly. And if they're hungry...

Sheeeeeit.......obviously not a country boy.:;):

Lol. I once saw a video of a "non-country boy" that had the bright idea of having his wife videotape him when he decided to "rassle" a buck. It was cool hearing, "Make sure you're filming this honey... Oh shit! Ouch! HELP!"

I am kinda new so i didnt want to say much.

Never let it stop me.

Dear around here go in the
freezer

And the pressure-canner.

were i live they are so thick them fuckers came up to the house and ate
the ol Lady's flowers .Talk about pissed.LOL

As long as you return the favor it's all good.

If you live near one of those animal sanctuary places that has big cats, you could try talking them out of some of their crap "to keep raccoons out of your garden."

If you live near one of those animal sanctuary places that has big cats, you could try talking them out of some of their crap "to keep raccoons out of your garden."

GREAT IDEA. Here in Oregon my buddy used to go to Wildlife Safari down by Saginaw....got truckloads of elephant shit for his garden.

plus reps:yahoo:

Back
Top Bottom