Howdy!

KimS

Hi. I'm a 45 year old mother of three. I suffer from daily chronic pain. I know that marijuana helps alleviate some of the pain, relaxes the knotted up muscles in my neck/back and gives me a sense of peace while trying to deal with this pain.

So I strongly believe in legalizing it. Where do I sign the petition?

Hey Kim, :welcome: to 420 Magazine!
I think you'll find this is the best mmj community out there... Dedicated to spreading awareness of the benefits of Cannabis. :thumb:

Our members are some of the most knowledgable and the most helpful anywhere!

Yes, it does help with pain! That's one of the things I've been using it for for over a year now. It has both analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties! :thumb:
If you want to really be amazed, check out a documentary called "What If Cannabis Cured Cancer" by Len Richmond!

I'm not sure if there's any one petition you could sign, but you might try searching for your state's chapter of NORML. They would know exactly what's going on legislatively.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to check out the guidelines: Forum Guidelines - Please Read Before Posting, they will assist you in navigating the forum.

Here are some other links that you should check out:

Our mission statement: Mission Statement
Questions: Frequently Asked Questions - 420 Magazine
Uploading photos: Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos
Grow support: How to Ask for Grow Support
How to grow: How to Grow Marijuana - 420 Magazine
MMJ lounge: Medical Marijuana Lounge - 420 Magazine
News: International Cannabis News - 420 Magazine
Medical Marijuana News - 420 Magazine
Hemp News - 420 Magazine
Medical Marijuana Scientific Data - 420 Magazine
Help support the cause: Please Help Support 420 Magazine
One of my favorite places to hang out: Grow Journals - 420 Magazine

Also, please check out the monthly contests linked below in my signature, and feel free to participate by voting and/or entering!

Hi Kim. This is a really informative site. I use it for pain also. Welcome. I would do like Vapedog said. NORMAL is a good one. or maybe a cannabis petition search on the web. GL!

Move to Colorado it should be the 1st State to finally allow Recreational usage as I guess , California still has to many old Republican snobs , it will be a few more years before they finally die off from cranky old age without some good spliffs to ease the old age pains .

Hi. I see my pain management doctor today and I want to bring up medical marijuana to her but I'm really scared to.

I also thought about asking what she thought about marinol.

I'm going to ask her to switch me over to ultram instead of the vicodin I've been on for about 5 years now...3 a day. My husband takes ultram and it has helped him out a lot. I just don't want to have to keep taking vicodin. Lord only knows what it's doing to my liver. But then again...what would ultram do to it? AND ultram is the only FDA approved drug for fibromyalgia...which I have along with chronic neck/back pain, degenerative disc disease, and a few other things.

Why can't they just legalize medical marijuana and be done with it already?! I honestly would rather deal with the side effects of pot than any man-made crap they give out. I mean, thank goodness I have the vicodin...I don't know how I would survive without it.

Before I started seeing a pain mgmt doc (a primary care doc I was seeing before I moved to a new town said it was time to see one because of all of my pain issues) I would partake...obviously illegally...and it would help with my pain soooo much. It relaxed my knotted up (and I mean big time knotted up) muscles, it eased the stress due to the pain, etc. Y'all know what I'm talking about. I didn't smoke it all the time for fear of getting busted with it. And then after going to the pain doc...I had to sign one of their little contracts and get random urine tests. I was scared to death of also getting caught by them. :bitingnails: So now I pop a pill up to 3x per day. And it almost always is 3 per day. Once in a blue moon I can get by with 2 or 2 1/2...but not often.

I'll be honest with you...if I could get away with using pot and not get caught....I would absolutely do it. I would rather do it legally... I'm so scared of getting caught that I'm not sure that I would...which really pisses me off because most of us know it HELPS!

Hi Kim. I wish it would be legal in every state for medicine AND recreation. I wish ALL the greedy money mongers in this world would just drop dead all at once. It is because of those pills that you are taking that they won't make it legal. I was taking 6 hydrcodone a day and got to the point where they were doing nothing.

Well I saw my pain doc. She has agreed to slowly switch me over to the ultram. Like I said, who knows if it will be any better at managing my pain. Nothing will take the pain away from my neck. They can't do surgery. All they can do is monitor it. But for the fibro...maybe the ultram will help. I'll just have to take it one day at time.

I just thought about something...if it's technically not considered an opiate...would I still be drug tested? Hmmmm? :hmmmm:

How in the world did a doc allow you to take SIX vicodin a day???

If I could move to a state that allows it...I would do it in a heartbeat. But there is no way I can.

Well. IMO most doctors are just glorified drug pushers working for Big Pharma. They should ALL be MADE to study cannabis in school, before they get their liscense to kill.

KimS- I just enrolled here today myself and wouldn't feel right w/out "giving back" right away especially as it is Chronic Pain that brings me here as well. It is without a doubt, 100%, toxic crap that we both ingest on a daily basis. What really sucks is that when we are dead and gone, they can reveal the study that states that "Yep, all those pain pills will kill you" The 'cure' becomes worse than the illness. I'm on a patch and norco for 7+ yrs. now.... BUTT help is on it's way! until then I suggest meditation/yoga and that is after doing: chiro care including DRX9000, physical therapy 19 mon. 4 days/wk. 90min sessions (probably over did it) Acupuncture worked pretty good, but meditation/yoga has allowed me to stay at .25mcg fentanyl and 40mgs of norco.
Funny how the best medicine has been around for way before lobbyist.. I also can recommend another website for CP (chronic pain) Where most of us have felt the stares of the pharmacy techs., the accusations of "drug seeking" I'm sure you know..that stigma and shame.
If I can help let me know and send an IM re: that website as I wouldn't dump names, at least, not on my first day.
namaste

hI Barry, and welcome. You see the drugs in the ads on tv, that if you have takin this or this between then and now, you may be entitled to compensation. All they are doing is slowly killing people, and it all needs to stop. Cannabis is the only GOD GIVIN MEDICINE AND THEY KNOW IT AND THATS WHY THEY ARE so AFRAID OF IT. aLL WE ARE IS A BUNCH OF gUINEA PIGS FOR THEM TO EXPERIMENT WITH.

My husband keeps telling me the same thing...they are all in it for the money. I just have a hard time believing that all docs are that way. Where are the ones who sincerely care about us and our wellbeing? I shouldn't have to go to a doc every 4 weeks. (If I didn't have my health insurance through my husband...I would be screwed...especially since I've been having a REALLY hard time finding a job!). I shouldn't have to stand at the pharmacy waiting to pay for some pills made out of man-made chemicals that - like y'all say - are just killing us! I'm not supposed to drive while taking vicodin. Yeah right! How would I be able to work? How would I be able to pick up my daughter from school? Etc.

I strongly believe that God put that plant on this earth to help us. I don't recall ever reading anywhere in the Bible about little white or yellow pills sprouting out of the earth. Ha ha! Just kidding.

It's just a darn shame. Makes me shake my head in disbelief! :thedoubletake:

I like the new HFA inhaler for asthma...one of the side effects is "...an increased risk of asthma-related death", then goes it on to say "They may also increase the risk of asthma-related hospitalizations in CHILDREN and TEENAGERS."

That we can prescribe! Cannabis? Oh nay nay...that's a dangerous schedule 1 drug.

It's so sad it's almost funny. I'm at the point where I don't believe ANYTHING that the government says anymore...they lie to us daily, and then we gladly buy their next line of crap...

Sorry about the rant...just a sore subject with me.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom