HPS & MH side by side in flower room???

2tigers69

Hi everyone, I currently have 12 plants in flower, 6 in day 45 and 6 in day 7, while keeping another 6 in veg, ready to go in as soon as the first 6 finish, about a 35-40 day small perpetual. I'm using 2x1000w phantom dimmable ballasts and can run either HPS or MH. I'm currently running all HPS in the flower room, but after reading a little more about light spectrums, I started to wonder if maybe I wouldn't be better running the MH bulb under the newly introduced 6 plants and keeping the HPS over the 6 that are just a couple weeks away from finishing. The lights are in a side by side configuration and the light would of course overlap some, but I was hoping someone here might have some experience with this kind of set up. It just seems that adding the blue spectrum and keeping that light directly above the plants that have just been introduced to 12/12, might be beneficial in slowing down stretch and closing the distance in the node structure, while the 6 plants next to them go directly underneath the HPS as they close in on day 30-35, but still having the overlap from the blue spectrum right next to them could only bring a more rich spectrum of light to those plants in their last weeks of flower. At least that's what's bouncing around in my head this am lol. Any help, suggestions and/or enlightenment would be greatly appreciated...

I wasn't quite sure what the question is...? If it's okay to use them side by side?

Some people flower with MH because they feel it provides more resin production, and higher quality while HPS provides bigger buds. So using both is no problem, and can be a great idea depending on your situation.

A good way to keep stretch to a minimum is make sure your light is close, as well as your temperature differences from night to day are not more then ten degrees.

JJ, I know it was the long way around, but yes, that's what I was asking. I want to put, or I should say, I'm able to put a 1000w MH bulb in 1 of the 2 lights I have in my flower room. They are open, adjust awing hoods, no glass. The room is approximately 7x12x10. Lot's of ceiling room. My thought was, is that the overlapping light, since it's a perpetual, would be more complete light spectrum. Since there are 6 plants coming into the room from veg every 4-5 weeks, I thought I'd put those under the MH, the plants that had been flowering directly under MH would be moved over, directly under the HPS which is only a foot or two away. Both sets of 6 would be receiving both spectrums of light due to the overlap. I guess my question is if one was to try such a thing, would I be thinking correctly to put the newly introduced plants directly under MH first and then 30 or so days later, moving them a couple of feet over, directly under the HPS? Man, I keep reading this question over and over and I've come to the conclusion that my wife bakes some pretty killer cookies lol. I was thinking about the dual spectrum lights and thought, I've got both, why wouldn't that work too? Anyway, that's how got here with this question. Thanks for the interest!

Back
Top Bottom