HPS wattage needed in cabinet

rocky888

I'm thinking of starting a second grow. I have a space that measures 44"H x 22"W x18"D. I'm wanting to do it nicely this time. Last time I used compact florescents, I'm gonna do a HPS light this time. How many watts should I be looking at?

TIA :roorrip:

A 400W HPS. If you have allowable and adequate intake and exhaust. A 250W hps might be but runs as much as a 400w. The 250W is a self ballested Hood Reflector Lamp all min one. A 400w HPS will have a separate ballast.

Well the 250 watt I'm looking is actually a separate ballast, not an all-in-one. You are right though that the cost is about the same.

you would need a VERY good exhaust and intake for a 400w, but would be the best for that tight lil area :peace:

Well the 250 watt I'm looking is actually a separate ballast
Yes, I should have re phrased that as My old 250w HPS is a Self Ballasted unit.
The 400W Hps will do you well. Let us know what you choose.

Hey rocky 888

I just built a cab 60 high 24 deep 48 long and I used a 400m/h For the first two weeks and a 400hps. for the final 55days wound up with more than 500 grams of rock hard buds. Co2 might have something to do with the large yeld not sure this is my first hydro and cab grow. but it beats anything that I was ever able to do with compost. take a look in the photo gallery. this set up it was around 50 w per sq ft. I am just about ready to do another one just like the last with Violator Kush 12 clones in 6 water farms hydro buckets and use a SCROG net in the second week of budding to stop any streching. All plants will be clones already starting to sho or just starting to flower. Hope it works out well for ya I will have to take a seat and watch this one make sure lots of pics

pompom

Back
Top Bottom