Hurricane Ian and local government forced harvest: may I ask a couple questions or so?

radrichie61

Oh good evening everybody, what a day! Hurricane Ian got me in the last few hours and broke off my 2 biggest flowers. Then I learned the county is about rip right through my easement where everything is.

So today l was forced to chop ready or not.

here are my two questions number one when trimming and breaking the plant down the natural instinct is to keep these big large buds as intact as possible. My concern is mold building on the inside of the flowers though my environment is perfect at 60° and 60% humidity. Should I break large buds down into smaller pieces and hang those or just roll with the big ones. Here’s a picture below of some of the work I started out doing today. You guys are absolutely the best and thanks a ton. Going to be a long night. Next question, my garage is the perfect location as far as humidity and temperature however there is some light that gets in during the day though I have most of it blocked off. Is that gonna be an issue or should I try to keep it as dark as possible and I’m not sure how I will do that. I guess again the question as well a little bit of light ruined the drying process?

The summer should I cut my big buds down into smaller pieces to avoid possible mold, and is a little bit of light going to bother the dry process? I don’t have many other choices.

Thank you thank you everyone. Here goes nothing. I have started a bit and hope they are trimmed correctly. I am sure everything is not where it needed to be yet however I can help,an early harvest.

First pics are pre storm and then post storm and them hanging and a few I trimmed.

ps, there is a lot more, whew.

Outer Banker
223F555F-958A-4A5B-B202-559405772771.jpeg
4732920D-6148-48EC-A210-94AB85F6E533.jpeg
B0F49980-4BE8-486F-B803-6B392E4A345A.jpeg
5AC3A369-79FA-45D6-A43C-0B83B90F1C04.jpeg
A46EC198-6540-471F-92E1-DAA9A27BF39B.jpeg
CD2B5ABE-47CB-4865-A8C2-8CE65A31A28E.jpeg
E800DCAD-809F-4956-A0FB-E018B72B7605.jpeg
41A05F7E-A78A-4E70-B526-CCDCF4D5DC5A.jpeg
E2890AE0-0D2B-4941-9C17-037B79205986.jpeg

leave the buds intact and hang to dry,, all is good,, and no worries about the light,, carry on friend,,

peace and love and safe keeping from canada

As @zigzagman1960 said that’s a great drying environment, just put a fan in the drying room to keep the air moving. Glad you’re OK, plants can be replaced!
first of all man thanks a lot for all your responses to my post this summer and, thanks as well for the safe wishes and obvious caring. Dude I can’t even begin to tell you how many stories I have about storms living here in Northeast North Carolina, scary stories. Send truly mountainous waves from Hatteras, north to Kitty Hawk picking easily be 20 foot during a hurricane. Little old to ride that big, now back in the day…

first of all man thanks a lot for all your responses to my post this summer and, thanks as well for the safe wishes and obvious caring. Dude I can’t even begin to tell you how many stories I have about storms living here in Northeast North Carolina, scary stories. Send truly mountainous waves from Hatteras, north to Kitty Hawk picking easily be 20 foot during a hurricane. Little old to ride that big, now back in the day…
I can relate, while we don’t have hurricanes on the left coast, we have the ever present threat of earthquakes. Last one we had (6.2 magnitude), the epicenter was about 1/4 mile away and very shallow, thought I was changing zip codes!!!

I can relate, while we don’t have hurricanes on the left coast, we have the ever present threat of earthquakes. Last one we had (6.2 magnitude), the epicenter was about 1/4 mile away and very shallow, thought I was changing zip codes!!!
I lived in Florida for many years and know all about Tropical Storms. Most people are killed from the storm surge not the wind. Glad you’re safe. CL🍀

Back
Top Bottom