Hurting Plant Needs Help

cannalearna

I have a plant problem and I do not have a PH tester, but I know the water is 7-7.2 PH level. My bottom leaves turning yellow with brown spots and starting to die. I am not sure if I over-fed (which I don't think, but possible) or if my low temp at night (about 50 F) is making it harder for the plant to uptake the nutrients. Here is a pic. Any thoughts will be appreciated... Thanks again.

Crispy_Critter.jpg

Should I cut off the dying leaves before the brown reaches the stem? Thanks again.

I have a plant problem and I do not have a PH tester, but I know the water is 7-7.2 PH level. My bottom leaves turning yellow with brown spots and starting to die. I am not sure if I over-fed (which I don't think, but possible) or if my low temp at night (about 50 F) is making it harder for the plant to uptake the nutrients. Here is a pic. Any thoughts will be appreciated... Thanks again.

Crispy_Critter.jpg

Should I cut off the dying leaves before the brown reaches the stem? Thanks again.

Think about using a heater or heatpad at night to keep soil temp over 60-65F.

The leaves will die and fall off on their own.

What are you feeding, how much, and how often? Did this happen immediately after last feeding or has it been a gradual process over days or weeks and several waterings/feedings?

There is a 1500w heater in the room (8'L x 4'W x 5'T). I think I have to insulate better.

I water as needed (when top layer is dry) with sips now and again

Feeding with Miracle Grow All Purpose Plant Food in powder form (I know it's junk, hard to find supplies right now) once a week. Did 2 1/4 strength feedings then 1 1/2 strength feeding. I would say the problem has been going on about 2 weeks gradually. In the morning it looks it's worst, but not much better by night.

When the plant got fed yesterday it perked up a bit, but I'm going to assume it's not a good kind of perky.

What kind of soil are you using? what type of water R.O, bottle or Tap? What kind of lights? When in doubt flush soil with low ppm water and let it recover.

If its a 1 gallon pot run 5 gallons through it. Then leave it be until it drys out. Check for new green growth. Over the next week or so.

Look into getting a nute more suited to cannabis. Look for something like 12-6-6 Age Old Grow (my current favorite for veg) or Grow Big from FF 6-4-4.

Are there any chain stores that carry these products. I am from New England and we get screwed on supplies in the winter. I've been to Lowes, The Home Depot, Walmart, and Target (all other garden centers are closed for the season). All I could find was Miracle Grow (at least till spring). I can't even find cheap planters (have had to use 1 gallon bags). Thanks again!

Look for fish and/or kelp emulsion. It's usually cheap and mildly formulated for vegging plants. Most garden centers should have it even during winter. :peace:

Look for fish and/or kelp emulsion. It's usually cheap and mildly formulated for vegging plants. Most garden centers should have it even during winter. :peace:

Does it need any other nutrients or will the emulsion have everything the plant will need?

Tomorrow they will go 12/12. I want to see the yield plants will produce at different ages... 1 node to 5 nodes. Hopefully I'll have something good to write in my grow journal. Probably not with the lack luster job I've been doing, but my fingers are crossed.

Next grow I'll do right so any veg tips are still appreciated. Thank you.

I was asking about your soil because I can see small twigs and clumps of dirt, so this is straight from your garden outside, could be the reason also.

Are there any chain stores that carry these products. I am from New England and we get screwed on supplies in the winter. I've been to Lowes, The Home Depot, Walmart, and Target (all other garden centers are closed for the season). All I could find was Miracle Grow (at least till spring). I can't even find cheap planters (have had to use 1 gallon bags). Thanks again!

Have you looked around for Hydro stores in the area? Check online to see if you have one within driving distance. You can order small amounts of nutrients online safely and relatively inexpensively. No one is going to investigate you for picking ordering a quart of tomato food.

Also I would not put that plant into flower until its issues are sorted out.

I was asking about your soil because I can see small twigs and clumps of dirt, so this is straight from your garden outside, could be the reason also.

It's Garden/Top Soil from The Home Depot and all the clumps would be dirty gravel. I've tried using soil from my yard before, but they only grew one set of leaves and died. I know you have to use new or clean/composted soil every plant. I do think my soil looks like junk compared to everyone else's I've seen though. I'm going to get better soil when it's available. Thanks for the advice on the soil.

Have you looked around for Hydro stores in the area? Check online to see if you have one within driving distance. You can order small amounts of nutrients online safely and relatively inexpensively. No one is going to investigate you for picking ordering a quart of tomato food.

Also I would not put that plant into flower until its issues are sorted out.

I have looked for a Hydro Store with no luck. I think I'm going to have to order the stuff on-line.

Well it sucks to be that plant then cause there is no place for it at the moment and waiting will mess up my experiment. I'll just throw it in with the cuttings for Hash (if it survives). Thank you though... I let that one go right over my head... should probably have been common sense.

I have looked for a Hydro Store with no luck. I think I'm going to have to order the stuff on-line.

Well it sucks to be that plant then cause there is no place for it at the moment and waiting will mess up my experiment. I'll just throw it in with the cuttings for Hash (if it survives). Thank you though... I let that one go right over my head... should probably have been common sense.

I like Age Old Grow its fairly cheap too. 10 bucks for a quart. I use 15ml per gallon of water.

"Feeding with Miracle Grow All Purpose Plant Food in powder form "
There is your problem... You should never feed a plant that small!!! There are plenty of nutrients in the soil for a seedling. You should only start feeding after vegging for a few weeks. The tiny plants roots cannont take that amount of nutrients. I would try transfering the plant out once stable. and when you start to use nutrients, use 1/4 of the directions at first allow a few days to pass. and up it VERY SLOWLY. nutrients are very trickey and can be the death of any good grow

Back
Top Bottom